Must be spring

HomeLAN said:
Saturday, we cleaned out the yard. My wife called me back and said, "There's a baby garter snake here that I want to show V2.0, but how about making sure it really is a garter snake?"

Nope. All curled up and wouldn't show me his head, but the coloration was that of a copperhead. Ted got to se how Daddy brutally slams the edge of a shovel onto the wrong kind of snake again and again.

The nice thing about that method is that you kill and bury the fucker in one move.

FTR, I agree completely with SnP's feelings on the legless menace. The only good snake is, in fact, a dead snake.

*pulls out vacation brochures of Georgia*

Funny, they're not mentionned in the brochure.

First venemous one I've ever found in the backyard. Plenty of garden sankes, but zero poisonous until now (assuming I ID'd it right). One of the (very few) drawbacks of living in the South.

I'm heading to Arkansas this weekend. Going on a wild boar hunt. I talked to the guy yesterday and he let me know to bring heavy boots. Seems the copperheads and rattlesnakes are out pretty thick this year.

Should be a fun weekend.

HomeLAN said:
First venemous one I've ever found in the backyard. Plenty of garden sankes, but zero poisonous until now (assuming I ID'd it right). One of the (very few) drawbacks of living in the South.
Few?

What about the accent... how do u understand each other?

HomeLAN said:
Careful, there. The Southern accent is a remnant of the British one....
Well, I know u have fun at night burning crosses... can't figure out why it's fun tho...

Aunty Em said:
Well, I know u have fun at night burning crosses... can't figure out why it's fun tho...

*Sigh* Shall I trot out the outdated steroetypes about your area, or do you wanna quit while you have the chance?

PT said:
I'm heading to Arkansas this weekend. Going on a wild boar hunt. I talked to the guy yesterday and he let me know to bring heavy boots. Seems the copperheads and rattlesnakes are out pretty thick this year.

Should be a fun weekend.

As a rule, one should always wear heavy boots that cover at least the ankle when in the mountains around here.

A tip: If you are in the woods, especially near fallen brush, and smell cucumbers, make haste, for thou art near a den of copperheads. They smell vaguely like cucumbers. I don't know why; I didn't create them.

Rattlesnakes, on the other hand, prefer hot, dry, barren locales. Key word: prefer. Hence, you are more likely to run across one of them in a rocky, sunny area. Or on a sunny stretch of asphalt. Timber rattlers being the primary exception. They like it hot too, but may also be found underfoot. Oh, and one more little tidbit. It appears that at least in these parts, the rattlers and the black snakes, usually vicious enemies, have been interbreeding, resulting in black rattlers. Wunnerful.

Happy hunting. :D

Gonz said:
Currently residing in the North...bring it on babydoll
Well, I can't think of anything controversial to say about the north yet.... except it's the forgetable bit between the south and Canada...

Gonz said:
Currently residing in the North...bring it on babydoll

:banghead:

No no no! You got it wrong again! WE'RE the ones who make fun of y'all, not the Brits!

Please do try and keep it straight, wouldya??!

Garter snakes are nice enough... never developed a fear of snakes. Mind you, there aren't exactly a whole lot of venomous ones in Quebec :D

Back