My perspective on sex has been forever changed.....

75renegade said:
by takin' the focus off of "self-gratification", an' placin' it upon honorin' an' edifyin' yer partner

I find it disgraceful that this is heralded as an enlightening realisation. No wonder no-one can manage to keep a marriage together.

[quote="a13antichristI find it disgraceful that this is heralded as an enlightening realisation. No wonder no-one can manage to keep a marriage together. [/quote]

Yeah, I know, its too bad.

I think many folk, like myself perhaps, expect our sexuality to be no more fulfillin' than a trip to McDonald's. Order, pay, eat, burp, go on to the next more interestin' experience..............

A view, which I believe, undermines the value an' significance of the uniqueness of our human existence, an' particularly, the beauty of the potential complementary relationship between men an' women.

Spent most of my 34 years, thinkin' sex was somehow intended, (by default), to fulfill selfish needs.

Instead, I'd rather I hold to a view that I think, is more becoming of a maturing mind. One of, others-centered, perspective, which, I believe, transends all we could ever hope to gain from a perpetual mindset of pleasin' ourselves. (We spend so much time actin' a lot unlike hamsters, on a wheel, never reachin' our desired "destination". Only stoppin' for breath, between the next attempt to be satisfied).

However, for many years of recent, I've had a great desire to mature in character, includin' havin' a MUCH more selfless view of sexual expression, in relationship to the one I love.

Perhaps for me, at this time in my life, it seems a perfect endeavor, to try to give my lover every possible reason to believe that she matters, more than me, to me.:)

75renegade said:
by takin' the focus off of "self-gratification", an' placin' it upon honorin' an' edifyin' yer partner.

That's still not it anyway. There's no point giving your partner pleasure if you yourself aren't enjoying it. It's about mutual satisfaction, not doing it for yourself nor doing it for your partner.

a13antichrist said:
75renegade said:
by takin' the focus off of "self-gratification", an' placin' it upon honorin' an' edifyin' yer partner.

That's still not it anyway. There's no point giving your partner pleasure if you yourself aren't enjoying it. It's about mutual satisfaction, not doing it for yourself nor doing it for your partner.

Sorry yer point must've gone right over my head "a13".

I agree with you about the need for "mutuality", but, I was assumin' our partner's goal was in keepin' with our own.

But, if we don't endulge our sexual nature, for the sake of ourselves nor our partner, then hell........why not jus' go fishin'? (sorry, guess I'm still failin' to get yer intended meanin' of "mutuality).

For what its worth, my only point, was to consider the needs of the one we charrish, an' take the time to maximize our intimate experiences together, by deliberately postponin' orgasm, in exchange for deepenin' our spiritual an' emotional bonds, an' to heighten senses of security, with our lover, through meaningful, intimate touch an' communication.

Peace!:)

75renegade said:
my only point, was to consider the needs of the one we charrish, an' take the time to maximize our intimate experiences together,

I know, and my only point was that I consider it a failure of mankind that this comes as a realisation to a select few rather than being the societal norm which one learns at the age of 5.

[
a13antichrist said:
my only point was that I consider it a failure of mankind that this comes as a realisation to a select few rather than being the societal norm which one learns at the age of 5.
Hear, hear!

Leslie said:
I have a copy of The Art Of Erotic Massage...I highly recommend it :headbang:

We all have a copy of instincts, i highly recommend you to follow them. ;)

Leslie said:
I have a copy of The Art Of Erotic Massage...I highly recommend it

Ditto...and a few other massage etc...type of Pillow Books...

There's nothing new under the sun, but damn...when the sun goes down... :)

Thanks a13, I know what ya mean now.

I 'ave to say, from a parental point of view, the age of 5 struck me as suprisin'ly young, though yer probably correct, in yer suggestion.

........though I'd like to see that age raised to 23!:D

No, five is where it has to begin, before they get stuck with the wrong ideas. Better to start off right from the start with the correct way of thinking rather than try to modify their attitudes once they've already done most of their foolishness..

Professur said:
PT, how the hell do you manage that with all the kids in the house???

No really, I want to know.

You do it after the kids are gone to bed...? :alienhuh:

Our bedroom door has a lock on it. The kids know when the doors shut to at least knock, if it's locked, stop the bleeding yourself.

Well, they have this knock, try the door motion. That's why there's a lock.

Back