New zealand questions

IDLEchild

...or questions...

How much is the average price of a round trip ticket from eastern border of U.S to Auckland, New Zealand?

After checking around I get an average price of $3,000+....is that about right?

Would it be cheaper to land in some other part of New Zealand? What are the peak travel months to that area? :alienhuh:

Thanks.

Inkara1

I don't know that much about NZ, but I do know it's a good idea to take lots of sunscreen with you.

BeardofPants

I have no feckin' idea. :shrug:

It's always best to go use some small airline service if you want cheapo flights, but I'm sure you already knew that. And best place to land is Auckland. It's cheaper. Any further south, and you'll likely have to pay more. Peak tourist times usually the summer, so Late October through to Jan-Feb.

unclehobart

Your best bet is to price tickets with QANTAS directly out of LAX (Los Angeles) and then just arrange for other transport to the left coast by whatever means necessary. This is the peak season though. I wouldn't count on getting too much of a deal. I went to NZ 5 years ago and I remember the prices being pretty good in the offseason. What you need to do is get a travel agent or look for hotels offering combo packages: 5 days and nights in the downtown Sheraton with free airfare for about 900$ head. Thats pretty much cheaper than a normal ticket out there and they could give a shit wether you actually stay in the hotel or not. If you actually do stay in the hotel... then you get room and board for what amounts to free.

staffrodore

BeardofPants said:
I have no feckin' idea. :shrug:

It's always best to go use some small airline service if you want cheapo flights, but I'm sure you already knew that. And best place to land is Auckland. It's cheaper. Any further south, and you'll likely have to pay more. Peak tourist times usually the summer, so Late October through to Jan-Feb.

Hehehe and then once in Auckland prices will skyrocket, the further south you go the more the prices plummet, unless of course it's Queenstown you intend on visiting. There they"ll charge you just for entering the town.

Doesn"t Palmy North have a reasonably charged airport nowdays?

tank girl

Inkara1 said:
I don't know that much about NZ, but I do know it's a good idea to take lots of sunscreen with you.

BeardofPants said:
And yes... bring lots of sunblock. That ozone hole is a bitch.

:eyebrow: *looks at clouds and rain in the middle of summer* have you looked out the window lately :lol:

Seriously, all these Americans think we live in some sort of tropical paradise or something...uh :confused:

will you please remind them to also point the weather in the right direction?

Paradise, yes - tropical - NO.

NOTE: all of ya'll that thinks we kiwis live in the tropics....do yourself a favour, take out an atlas that includes the entire world rather than just the U.S.A and note that we actually are in the sub-tropics and have a relatively temperate climate - yup, that means rain as much as sun - except on the coast, usually. But then that, as this summer has shown - is unpredictable.

But tis true that we live right under the OZONE layer, I just get annoyed that people think we live on some tropical island. have you seen lord of the rings? thats our kind of landscape - without the hobbits :lloyd:

tank girl

staffrodore said:
Hehehe and then once in Auckland prices will skyrocket, the further south you go the more the prices plummet, unless of course it's Queenstown you intend on visiting. There they"ll charge you just for entering the town.

Doesn"t Palmy North have a reasonably charged airport nowdays?

mmm but they only go to aussie don't they?

would it cost cheaper going to aussie and then crossing the ditch from there to palmy?

Inkara1

tank girl said:
:eyebrow: *looks at clouds and rain in the middle of summer* have you looked out the window lately :lol:

Seriously, all these Americans think we live in some sort of tropical paradise or something...uh :confused:

will you please remind them to also point the weather in the right direction?

Paradise, yes - tropical - NO.

NOTE: all of ya'll that thinks we kiwis live in the tropics....do yourself a favour, take out an atlas that includes the entire world rather than just the U.S.A and note that we actually are in the sub-tropics and have a relatively temperate climate - yup, that means rain as much as sun - except on the coast, usually. But then that, as this summer has shown - is unpredictable.

But tis true that we live right under the OZONE layer, I just get annoyed that people think we live on some tropical island. have you seen lord of the rings? thats our kind of landscape - without the hobbits :lloyd:
I'm actually quite good with my geography. My sunscreen comment was because of the ozone hole's proximity to your country, not because of your climate.

BeardofPants

tank girl said:

Regardless of whether it is sunny or not, it is still dangerous because of the ozone hole. You don't need clear blue skies to get sunburnt. :rolleyes:

unclehobart

tonksy said:
wait a minute...aren't there mountains in oregon? it's up there under washington and all that.
Picture this: Oregon= Jane Seymour while New Zealand= Dolly Parton.

Oregon may have mountains ... just not on par with NZ.