Not a good Idea

It did surface a long time ago, but just like the border issue, they aren't
doing 'much' on either yet. I don't think this deal should go through unless they do beef up the whole system.

With this, I've changed my mind & can not support the President, under any conditions regarding the port deal.

On July 27, 2005, the Palestinian Information Center carried a public HAMAS statement thanking the UAE for it's "unstinting support." The statement said: "We highly appreciate his highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan (UAE president) in particular and the UAE people and government in general for their limitless support...that contributed more to consolidating our people's resoluteness in the face of the Israeli occupation".

The HAMAS statement continued: "the sisterly UAE had... never hesitated in providing aid for our Mujahid people pertaining to rebuilding their houses demolished by the [Israeli military] ... The UAE also spared no effort to offer financial and material aids to the Palestinian charitable societies."

NRO

Flip-flopper....I just needed evidence. I hadn't yet backed the deal, just couldn't intellectually berate it either.

Hell froze over?...There is very little I see eye to eye with this man. His domestic policy is atrocious & his border policy is non-existent. :p

I just feel very let-down from the pres., and admin at this point, and it's just not this deal.
I'm not sure I like the deal he's doing with India, but I don't know that much about it ATM.
He's gotta do some Major coming-through on the domestic issues here, before
I can get back on board with him. :confused:

The sometimes pleasurable antics of worldwide economies...

WASHINGTON — The United Arab Emirates intends to operate U.S. military factories.

The Bush administration has informed Congress of a review of the UAE acquisition of a British manufacturer of engine components for U.S. military aircraft and main battle tanks. The British firm operates nine factories, including military production facilities in Connecticut and Georgia.

World Tribune

round & round she goes...where she stops, nobody knows

I've been saying this part for years....
Outsorcing Anything to do with this Gov., is bad IMO.
You have to call India just to talk to Social Security. That's BULLSHIT.

Funny, I always thought that a cooperative global economy was part of the liberal agenda. Once again, no discernable difference other than marketing.

Remember that a global economy will lead to a global standard of living. Do the math.

idle threat...he lost his veto pen the first day & still can't find it

He won't have to worry about it anymore. Dubbie :D is giving up on this part of the dealio.

I hope the congress/senate still stays on top of how port security is run though.
IMO, it needs to brief congress, and the pres on EVERY deal. Plus security
changes still need to be made.

GW has the last laugh.

Time will tell but here's a scenario for you...

Much like Harriet Myers was sent out as a tomato catcher, so is DP World. Since there are no American firms ready to take over the ports, there are only two that have the resources, capital & knowledge in logistics, in this magnitude.

Haliburton & Wal Mart.

You're giving them too much credit. The White House got caught with their drawers down on this one, and rather than admit it, they drew a line in the sand. The only accomplishment was to piss off the republican base and hand the Dems some ammo.

Simply stupid.

yep, we'll be hearing about this again the closer the election gets.

Somehow GW, and co., has gotta show they can get some things done
here. Show the people that they can get the security up to par,
and show (somehow) why it is more secure.
I don't see it yet.

I hate to admit it but Flav might have been right on one point....
GW hasn't picked the best people in this last term.

GW is showing his true colors. He's not now, nor ever has been, a conservative. His domestic policy has proven abysmal (no, thats' not fodder for the hurricane crap...that was Nagins fault...along with the Gov) but the Bush Doctrine carried him-until he forgot it.

Back