Nut with a nuke???

I'm no golfer, but I believe 'hole in ones' is correct. Inky's a sports writer. He should be along directly to arbitrate this dispute.

Have to agree with rr on this one. Until there's conlusive evidence I'm going to assume he's probably lying about the nuke. Re Gato's contention that it's a problem either way, if he didn't explode a nuke, the world's problem remains unchanged. He's a total nutjob. Still, better than a total nutjob with nukes though. :shrug:

I'm no golfer, but I believe 'hole in ones' is correct. Inky's a sports writer. He should be along directly to arbitrate this dispute.

Hole in ones would not make much sense in my language. You are talking about getting to the hole in one step. So hole is kinda the action and one is the quality. The plural indicating "many actions with the same quality" should be holes in one.

But that'd be in spanish.

Luis, that would be the case if the 'in one' was an adjective, but to the best of my knowledge, 'hole in one' is a complete noun on it's own.

Well, one Attorney at Law. Two Attorneys at Law.
Run Batted In. Runs Batted In. (baseball, sorry prof)

That wasn't my point though, I was pointing out a stupid, unimportant error just like Gato did. Lets call them "aces" and have a nice day.

Actually I found conflicting reports. 18, 11, 5 holes in one. If you are going to belittle me for getting a stupid detail that doesn't matter right, you could also get the engrish good two.

Interesting. Not just a slam at me, but at Korean Americans as well. Did you know that there is no 'l' sound in the Korean language? It's actually combined with the 'r' sound. Anyway...what I was saying was actually spelled out quite nicely below that comment. I apologize if I offended you.

rr said:
Apparently I need to be more detailed in ever little fucking thing I write because what I was getting at is Kim Jong-Il SAYS he popped off a nuke. I will take it with a grain of salt because of his outlandish claims in the past. It's not my fault if you didn't "get it".

If you notice...I did get it. I just didn't find it funny/poignant/essential to the conversation at hand. You may now go back to your soap-box. :p

rr, in those cases, the "at law" is an adjective. I'm just not sure about hole in one. I always want to spell it as Hole-in-one

Are we done?

Anyway, chcr and I aren't the only skeptics out there.

Doubts even remained Tuesday that Pyongyang conducted a nuclear test.

That's because Western measurements showed an explosion equivalent to about 500 metric tons of TNT, which a senior U.S. intelligence community official said was unusually small for a nuclear blast.

By comparison, nuclear tests in 1998 by India and Pakistan were about 24 to 50 times as powerful, according to the Federation of American Scientists.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/10/10/korea.nuclear.test/index.html

Are we done?

Anyway, chcr and I aren't the only skeptics out there.

I never said he succeeded. Just that your premise was flawed. I also said something about a failed test being a 'loss of face', but you were stuck in the gears of your own making with his 'hole in ones'.

Then it wasn't a flawed premise, it's that our senses of humor (sense of humors?) don't mesh? Or that I missed the number of holes in one he claimed?

Grow up.

Then it wasn't a flawed premise, it's that our senses of humor (sense of humors?) don't mesh? Or that I missed the number of holes in one he claimed?

Grow up.

Nice. I will certainly try to become more adult, just like you. :rolleyes:

Just remember who reacted in anger first here...;)

Actually I found conflicting reports. 18, 11, 5 holes in one. If you are going to belittle me for getting a stupid detail that doesn't matter right, you could also get the engrish good two.

Apparently I need to be more detailed in ever little fucking thing I write because what I was getting at is Kim Jong-Il SAYS he popped off a nuke. I will take it with a grain of salt because of his outlandish claims in the past. It's not my fault if you didn't "get it".

1. I didn't belittle your details. I told you what I found. :shrug:
2. I didn't take this off topic...you did with this rant.

K-ripes! Enough with the infighting already!

So..any more evidence that this was an actual successful test of a nuclear device?

I've been watching but haven't seen anything either way. Could take days I suppose.

Back