P.O.W. rescued

I certainly hope this wasn't one of those "Americans need a rally" type press releases that had her wounded, stabbed, and out of ammo. Washington has embarrassed us enough lately...:eek6:

True.....if this ended up being the case (propaganda), we'll probably gain negative support. :(

Well if she wasn't shot, then she was probably beat up enough to break both her legs and an arm.

Sounds like torture to me.
:mad:

Why is her first surgery on her back?

I was gonna start a thread about this but you people beat me to it.

IF her story proves to be correct, she deserves the Bronze star. Possibly even the Silver Star & maybe the DSM or DSC. Some of them require eyewitnesses. Her troop is probably KIA.

Obviously, the original story is NOT correct. She has no gunshot or stab wounds. If there is a problem in the spine, It would have to be tended to first to avoid further injury during other operations.

If the original story is not correct, and that has been proven much earlier in this thread, why are there still arguments about whether it is correct or not?

Things that make ya go hmm... :hmm:

I don't see why they'd have a reason to lie about it in the first place. It's not like you're gonna get more glory for being shot and tortured as opposed to just being tortured. Or something like that. :tardbang:

I don't think she was the author of the original story. I doubt she would have been planning how it reads.

MARINE COMBAT HEADQUARTERS, Iraq - The Iraqi man who tipped U.S. Marines to the location of American POW Jessica Lynch said Thursday he did so after he saw her Iraqi captor slap her twice as she lay wounded in a hospital.

"A person, no matter his nationality, is a human being," the tipster, a 32-year-old lawyer whose wife was a nurse at the hospital, said in an interview at Marines' headquarters, where he, his wife and daughter are being treated as heroes and guests of honor.

KC Star

The news over here are all going with the interview from the parents. No gunshot or stab wounds.

LANDSTUHL, Germany (CNN) -- Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch, rescued this week from an Iraqi hospital where she was being held prisoner, was not shot or stabbed as previously reported, her doctors said Friday.

CNN

Thats an amazing story developing around the lawyer who tipped off our troops as to where she was. The guy had a lot of balls. We owe him one.:wink2:

Yes, we sure do.

This is really starting to piss me off though. If she wasn't shot or stabbed, and she has a broken back, a broken arm, and two broken legs, someone did some pretty nasty shit to her while she was in custody. I have a hard time imagining all that happened before.

After the story changed direction so sharply, I decided to wait for the facts to converge. Its puzzling...:retard:

True, I do want to hear the REAL story. I still wonder who was responsible for the "heroics" story. Not that I blame them, it's always nice to have a hero. I suspect it came from speculation, and instantly got taken as fact by the media, but that's just a guess.

At the very least, with those kinds of injuries, she was taken prisoner VERY forcefully.

Oh yeah, I thought about that yesterday, I'm sure they've got agents scrambled to the family home already to get the rights. Pathetic weasels. When can we declare war on them, anyway? Maybe after N. Korea, Iran, Saudi?

Back