Pedophilia Panic

Gonz said:
They needed killin'.
You talking child molsters...or pretty much anybody that fell into the sex-offenders list...including little Bobby who was having sex with his GF of the same age and her father had him arrested for statutory rape?

MrBishop said:
You talking child molsters...or pretty much anybody that fell into the sex-offenders list...including little Bobby who was having sex with his GF of the same age and her father had him arrested for statutory rape?

Um, doesn't happen. Legally, if the consenting children are within 2 years of age of each other, it's filed as sex-play. Only if one of the participants is substantially older than the other, or has reached majority do the statutory rape charges get filed. There may be instances where that's not the case, but in all cases I've followed, that's been the case.

MrBishop said:

I believe we're talking child molesters of the sexual predator variety. That scenerio of little Bobby almost never exists. If the DA diegns to prosecute, then intelligence also dictates that the little girl be prosecuted as well...same crime, right?

I believe this story refereed to 49, and 68 year olds doing 8 and 9 year olds...
Those...Them need killin'...yes indeed.

Still... I don't believe that the registry specifies what the crime was...just that personX is on the list and lives here.

Still doesn't make going out and killing personX legal, moral or acceptable.
Also doesn't stop me from cheering vigilanteX on if he's killed off a few child-molesters.

Arrest him...you can give him a medal later.

MrBishop said:
Still... I don't believe that the registry specifies what the crime was...just that personX is on the list and lives here.
I don't think the reg does, but the info IS out there, and not only for sex offenders,
but all Felons.

tn sexual offender search

pick a county and see for yourself.

please note that this or any other registry is only as beneficial as the data plugged into it. i can only account for the sex offenders i currently supervise. i do those updates, and i know they're right.

Professur said:
Um, doesn't happen. Legally, if the consenting children are within 2 years of age of each other, it's filed as sex-play. Only if one of the participants is substantially older than the other, or has reached majority do the statutory rape charges get filed. There may be instances where that's not the case, but in all cases I've followed, that's been the case.

Anyone over 14 in Canada can now have sex with whomever they please as long as if the younger person is under 18 the other person is not in a position of authority over them. At 12 you may have sex with anyone up to 2 years your senior (ie 12 w/up to 14yo OR 13 w/up to 15yo). So, you would be correct in that a person can never be charged with having sex with someone their own age...unless they're under 12 I guess and then I would think that the parent should be more concerned with finding out what's going through their child's head to have sex at such a young age rather than pressuring chrages against the other party.

MrBishop said:

Still doesn't make going out and killing personX legal, moral or acceptable.
Also doesn't stop me from cheering vigilanteX on if he's killed off a few child-molesters.

Arrest him...you can give him a medal later.

Go here...

Click on the I Agree button, click on California, and type 90210 for the zip code. You get three names...all with charges listed, dates of conviction, etc...

SouthernN'Proud said:
tn sexual offender search

pick a county and see for yourself.

please note that this or any other registry is only as beneficial as the data plugged into it. i can only account for the sex offenders i currently supervise. i do those updates, and i know they're right.
Light on the details...pictures and everything!
Even found a few of those rare Statutory Rape felons..7 in your town alone.
Does make picking your victims easier, eh?

Gato_Solo said:
Go here...

Click on the I Agree button, click on California, and type 90210 for the zip code. You get three names...all with charges listed, dates of conviction, etc...
Not an American...it's in the small-print. I can't 'agree'

Any person who uses information contained in or accessed through this Website to threaten, intimidate, or harass any individual, including registrants or family members, or who otherwise misuses this information, may be subject to criminal prosecution or civil liability under federal and/or state law.

MrBishop said:
Inform me then...we don't have that kinda list here as far as I know...at least nothing accessible by the general public.

Canada does have a national sex offender registry but it is not accessible by the general public. On that note, I BELIEVE if a sex offender is to move into a neighbourhood residents within a certain radius are informed...I THINK.

MrBishop said:
Light on the details...pictures and everything!
Even found a few of those rare Statutory Rape felons..7 in your town alone.
Does make picking your victims easier, eh?

Looks detailed enough for me. The crime is listed...the known aliases are listed...It's a pity that there are people that misuse this information to commit murder, but you can't condemn the majority over the acts of the minority unless the majority gives those acts approval.

Gato_Solo said:
Although you did quote the disclaimer. Evidently, you don't think that's enough?
Since when will words on a web-site do SFA to stop someone from killing another person if they so choose. :shrug:

Back