Playroom

tonksy

As I have mentioned previously, we are renovating the downstairs guest room into a playroom for the girl's. Partly because it's a way to use the space and partly because I am so sick of toys everywhere...anyway, the painting has begun! Thanks to Starya for planting the idea in my noggin, the girl's now have a 4' X 10 ' blackboard painted directly on the wall.
Next comes taping off stripes so that we can paint the rest of the room!
Then we will attach 2 metal soap trays to the wall to hold chalk, 1 at either end.
I ordered some Disney Princess valances off ebay to hang above the windows, they should be here in a few days.
Tomorrow a subdivision near us is having their annual collective yard sale and I am hoping to score some shelves for books and maybe a few more bins for toys.
Then we'll move in the dollhouses, their table and chairs, and toy boxes and it should look great!
Here is a before pic and a pic of the blackboard:

simplyred

Looks nice! They will be the envy of the neighborhood. Do they know they are getting this room or is it to be a surprise?

simplyred

Well they will love it. I wish I could see their faces when they saw it. If we had more than one day off of work I would try to convince Slim to go all the way instead of half.

unclehobart

Thats 20+ hours of road time. You don't want that kind of pain. You would feel it in both the lower back and in the wallet as gas slowly creeps up past 2.60/gal.

tonksy

Naw...If it looks funny after we paint I'll make a border of some kind but i think it'll look cool without.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
You may want wood around the bottom of it to catch the chalk dust.

Running a damp cloth along once a day it is way better than a slow osmosis of chalk all over everyone and everything from the floor.

Professur

unclehobart said:
Thats 20+ hours of road time. You don't want that kind of pain. You would feel it in both the lower back and in the wallet as gas slowly creeps up past 2.60/gal.

You're lucky. Yours creeps. Our price has more in common with a fucking gazelle.

simplyred

unclehobart said:

Yeah bad idea since bum back from wreck still...also new car is a gas guzzler. But a nice idea though!

tonksy

Leslie said:
You may want wood around the bottom of it to catch the chalk dust.

Running a damp cloth along once a day it is way better than a slow osmosis of chalk all over everyone and everything from the floor.
We thought about putting some molding or something around the bottom but...meh. At least it is in a room that gets vaccuumed regularly due to a litter box...and I will try to be diligent about wiping it down with a washcloth.
The valances came in today! Yay! They're perfect!

Dave

where is the big sceen tv with the XBox/PS2 hookup going?

no...wait...thats my playroom.....

tonksy

Dave said:
where is the big sceen tv with the XBox/PS2 hookup going?

no...wait...thats my playroom.....
:laugh5:
I still have a few years before that!
Actually, the girl's do have their own TV and it sits in the alcove right outside that room...and I think it might stay there.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
simplyred said:
Well they will love it. I wish I could see their faces when they saw it. If we had more than one day off of work I would try to convince Slim to go all the way instead of half.

Sounds like a swabbie, alright. :rofl4: Keep him away from strong drink, and he may recover...:rofl4:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
14% swing last night. 1.004 to 1.1144 along half a mile of road. Settled back to 1.104 for this morning.

Oh I meant one station...like I've seen it at 88 or so and 30 min later when I pass the station going the other way it's 97...driving along I've seen more drastic changes than that...I've see it below 80 in one place and over 90 across town...it's INSANE.

Luckily I think we've only broke a dollar once so far (in Hamilton, I dunno about Brampton...) gas is gonna be the death of me this summer...I hope I can afford to come see you :( More than likely will beable to if Les and Paul come but if I'm driving alone it's gonna be a good $120 or so of gas atleast I'd think.

Inkara1

unclehobart said:

Creeps past $2.60? I don't remember the last time gas was below $2.60 here.