powell endorses obama

2minkey

bootlicker
powell endorses obama.

"He displayed a steadiness, an intellectual curiosity, a depth of knowledge and an approach to looking at (economic) problems like this, and picking a vice president (Joseph Biden) that I think is ready to be president on day one."

2minkey

bootlicker
he took a very decisive stand against a series of well-enumerated ills of the party that he's long been part of.

that seems like anything but "no stomach" to me.

Cerise

Did Powell sell out for a high level job in an Obama White House?

"He will have a role as one of my advisers," Barack Obama said on NBC's "Today" in an interview aired Monday, a day after Powell, a four-star general and President Bush's former secretary of state, endorsed him.

"Whether he wants to take a formal role, whether that's a good fit for him, is something we'd have to discuss," Obama said.

Cerise

This endorsement makes up for the "lies" Powell told at the UN.

("A hoax on the American people, the international community, and the United Nations Security Council.")

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, powell is the hero until he actually says something ya'll don't like. here's the thing, though... he's a smart guy that can think for himself.

that's why he called bullshit on the iraq

2minkey

bootlicker
ya'll loved powell before. and now you don't. nothings changed in him. he's always been a thoughtful, well-reasoned guy.

catocom

I Still like him.
I'm reserving judgment on him about this.

(goes back to working on his conspiracy theory puzzle)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
powell endorses obama.

"He displayed a steadiness, an intellectual curiosity, a depth of knowledge and an approach to looking at (economic) problems like this, and picking a vice president (Joseph Biden) that I think is ready to be president on day one."

If Powell was a VP candidate, it would've swayed my opinion of him considerably...:shrug:

jimpeel

So the Politico asks Rush Limbaugh what he thought about the Powell endorsement. Here is what he wrote back and the MSM is having a cow. The problem they are having is this -- Rush is right.

Secretary Powell says his endorsement is not about race. OK, fine. I am now researching his past endorsements to see if I can find all the inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates he has endorsed. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I was also unaware of his dislike for John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy and Antonin Scalia. I guess he also regrets Reagan and Bush making him a four-star general and secretary of state and appointing his son to head the FCC. Yes, let's hear it for transformational figures.

Rush did clarify one point on his show on an error in that e-mail:

Now, there's something else interesting -- I got one thing wrong. It was not a Republican that nominated his son, Michael Powell, to head the FCC. Michael Powell, by the way, has not only endorsed McCain, Colin Powell's son has endorsed McCain, he is campaigning for him. Colin Powell's son is debating Obama surrogates on communications issues. What actually happened was -- and this is even more fascinating -- what actually happened was, and my friend Professor Hazlett informed me of this, it was McCain who got Michael Powell appointed to the FCC by Clinton in order to forge a relationship with his father, Colin Powell, as was reported at the time.

So McCain went out of the way, went to Clinton, said, "Please nominate Michael Powell to the FCC." Clinton did it.

He had numerous clips from the MSM and interviews with Liberal hacks which decried the e-mail. However, Juan Williams, Black Liberal extraordinaire, had this to say:

MEGYN KELLY, Fox News America's Newsroom: What Rush is saying is he doesn't believe Powell that race didn't have anything to do with it, or that this is not a race-based endorsement. Does Rush have a point, Juan?

WILLIAMS: Of course he does. Of course it has to do with race. It has a lot to do with this sort of senior black man, sort of the original crossover race star in American politics, Colin Powell; I think reaching out to this younger black man, and I think in so many ways it goes beyond race. But I think Rush Limbaugh's right, if he says race is a definite factor here. In terms of his legacy, I think this will stand as a real monument reaching out to the -- potentially, the -- first black president of the United States.

I particularly loved the Newsbusters article: "Daily Kos And Other Lefties Will No Longer Call Powell 'Uncle Tom'".

I guess the love affair is back on with the Left adoring Powell.

Anyone here got any leads on all of those inexperienced, very liberal, white candidates Powell has endorsed?