R.I.P. Eugene Jack Armstrong and Jack Hensley

Thulsa Doom

Gonz said:
Detroit is a differenct culture? Boston? NYC?

are you referring here to muslim immigrants in detroit boston and new york? id have to say i heard a lot of muslims on tv after 9-11 talking about how horrible it was and how it was completely against the ideals of islam. you heard them say that when they were singled out by news organizations. but are they supposed to take over the air waves and denounce evil people when something like that happens? especially when they are in fear for their lives because of the immediate backlash in a mostly non muslim land?

What social context would that be exactly?

the structure of your society. how people are where you are and how they behave in relation to each other. youll see a wide difference between the north east and the midwest and the far west in this country alone. now extend that to New Dheli and The Congo and Qualalampur and youll have a much greater difference. humans live in highly varied cultures basically.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Thulsa Doom said:
the structure of your society. how people are where you are and how they behave in relation to each other. youll see a wide difference between the north east and the midwest and the far west in this country alone. now extend that to New Dheli and The Congo and Qualalampur and youll have a much greater difference. humans live in highly varied cultures basically.

Well, as a truck driver I go from New England to Iowa. From Wisconsin & Michigan to southern Ohio & Indiana.

Off work I travel to my former homes in Los Angeles & Phoenix to my moms homes in Arkansas & Oregon. I have friends in Seattle, Miami, Trenton, Denver, San Diego...to mention a few. Some are pro-life, most are pro-choice. Some are homosexual, most aren't. All are from varing degrees of brown. I even have liberal friends. Come to thin about it, a buddie in LA used to live in Cairo & another lived in India.

My social structure is well rounded. Thank you for inquiring.

freako104

Oz said:
Yup.....that's about the size of it :eh:

But.....can yer spot the differences in those two pics?

I'll give ya a clue....only one of them contains people operating under orders and show's people who look happy with what they are doing..

I wonder if the british bloke has been killed yet? :confused:

not yet he is still in their custody although the paper here says we are not going to negotiate so it seems certian he will be killed :(

freako104

TD said:
well if you think the vast majority of them find terrorism repugnant then why do you doubt them?

because they would prove him wrong ;)

though that is not very hard to do

freako104

you are the one who says it is a violent religion. They are the ones who actually follow the fucking thing

MrBishop

freako104 said:
you are the one who says it is a violent religion. They are the ones who actually follow the fucking thing

Actually...I think that it was "The Other One" that named it a violent religion.

I think that if it was a violent religion, that we'd be in serious fuckin' trouble. Over 1.2Billion muslims in the world...including in North America...far less Christians and Jews, not to mention Buddhists etc...

If it was even remotly close to a violent religion and this all became a true religious war... non-Muslims would have a serious run for their money.

chcr

Too cute for words
MrBishop said:
Actually...I think that it was "The Other One" that named it a violent religion.

I think that if it was a violent religion, that we'd be in serious fuckin' trouble. Over 1.2Billion muslims in the world...including in North America...far less Christians and Jews, not to mention Buddhists etc...

If it was even remotly close to a violent religion and this all became a true religious war... non-Muslims would have a serious run for their money.

Actually Bish, I believe that if you look it up, there are far more christians than anything else. A little over 30% of the world population, in fact. Islam is number two with a bullet as it's growing while christianity is in a slow decline.

attachment.php

freako104

Gonz said:
Post 8 & 17.

post 8 you say you believe they abhor terrorism. post 17 you doubt the peacefulness of the religion saying they say nothing on it. They probably are saying something about it but it is being suppressed.

Chic Islam is the fastest growing religion. So it is possible that there are more Muslims than Xtians now

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
The big difference between Christianity and Muslims is that from what I've seen, Muslims follow their religon a little closer. The majority of the Christians I know out there that consider themselves Christian don't really understand the religon. They go to church and they know their ten commandments and the Lord's Prayer, but they don't delve deep in to it. The Muslims I know are really in touch with the religon, they study it and do their best to follow it day to day.

chcr

Too cute for words
freako104 said:
Chic Islam is the fastest growing religion. So it is possible that there are more Muslims than Xtians now
Like all statistics, it depends on how you look at the data, Eric. Muslims are significantly more devout (in general) than christians, so it is entirely possible that there are more practicing muslims than christians. The difference (the chart dates form 2002, it won't have changed significantly in two years) in numbers is on the order of 8 or 9 hundred million people. It's a big old world after all. Even given the present rate of growth though, surely it will take a century or two to catch up, as far as people who consider themselves christians and muslims anyway. The idea that there are more muslims than christians is believed by a lot of people, it just happens to not be true (sound familiar? ;) ). The fact is, that for the near future anyway, there are and will be more christians than any other denomination in the world.

freako104

chcr said:
Like all statistics, it depends on how you look at the data, Eric. Muslims are significantly more devout (in general) than christians, so it is entirely possible that there are more practicing muslims than christians. The difference (the chart dates form 2002, it won't have changed significantly in two years) in numbers is on the order of 8 or 9 hundred million people. It's a big old world after all. Even given the present rate of growth though, surely it will take a century or two to catch up, as far as people who consider themselves christians and muslims anyway. The idea that there are more muslims than christians is believed by a lot of people, it just happens to not be true (sound familiar? ;) ). The fact is, that for the near future anyway, there are and will be more christians than any other denomination in the world.

That sounds familiar in that there are those who say they are Christian but they do not seem to take it to heart the way Muslims might