Rest In Peace Highwayman!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Thank you for the details. I think you can see that he was well thought of by many here. Again, deepest condolences to the family.

Deb

He was well thought of over at Free Speech Forums, too. In fact, Kat is the one who told me. We were both worried sick about his because we both tried to call him and didn't get a call back. That was not like him.

Deb

I'll be flying to Portland Wednesday morning for Jon's funeral. I'll be coming home early Thursday morning. I would much rather drive to Portland, but from Phoenix to Portland is about 1100 miles or so (from where I live). It would probably take 3 days to get there and 3 days back. I don't have the luxury of being able to take a week for the travel in that case. I've got jury duty coming up next week, and a court date next week (Kat knows the details of my court date), doctor appointments, and my 4 footed kids have vet appointments next week too.

majestyx

Deb, if you wouldn't mind, would you please pass on all of our condolences to his family? We'd really appreciate it.

Mare

kat, please pass on my condolences to his family too - maybe this thread could be printed out and sent with some flowers to the funeral?
Are there any OTC plans to send something?

God Bless to the Family. This really is sadnews. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Highwayman, God Speed!

I wouldn't mind chipping in for something, please do let us know before wednesday. And where could send flowers or such!

I know i will miss him, whenever i wanted to post in "let's play word assoc.", he always kept it rolling.

Deb

Deb, if you wouldn't mind, would you please pass on all of our condolences to his family? We'd really appreciate it.

Sure will. From what Jon has told me, he has an older brother. Both of his parents have passed away.

Mare

Sure will. From what Jon has told me, he has an older brother. Both of his parents have passed away.

Thank You, Is there any news on where services will be? Can we send flowers or donatons to the family?

kat2220

Anybody wishing to send flowers may do as I did and go thru https://www.flowersfast.com. They are a Portland Florist. The funeral home's address is:

Skyline Memorial Gardens & Funeral Home
4101 Northwest Skyline Boulevard
Portland, OR 97229
503-292-6611

Deb has a sympathy card and will bring it to the Funeral Home for his brother.

Mare

Kat or Deb, what was his full name please.

Not sure if flowers would make it or not in time ??? you think?

The site for the funeral home won't bring up the funeral homes site, sometimes they have a online guestbook.

kat2220

Mare, his name was Jonathan Schmidt.
I'm pretty sure that he would have liked all to make a donation to your local NO KILL ANIMAL SHELTER in his memory. Flowers fade, but love for animals in need should never fade.
I really want to know where his 2 doggies are! I just pray that thet are NOT separated and are adopted together!

Sharky

My condolences to Jon's family and friends.

He seemed like such a friendly person.

What a shock. :( We will miss him very much.

RIP Highwayman.

Mare

Mare, his name was Jonathan Schmidt.
I'm pretty sure that he would have liked all to make a donation to your local NO KILL ANIMAL SHELTER in his memory. Flowers fade, but love for animals in need should never fade.
I really want to know where his 2 doggies are! I just pray that thet are NOT separated and are adopted together!

Thanks Kat. I will try to do that. Is there an online Obit/guestbook do you know for the funeral home so that we may sign it?

And, again, i am very sorry for the loss of your friend, and ours.

kat2220

Deb will be posting more details, I'm sure.

She has shared with me that she will be adopting Taffee and Shotzee!

Jon apparantly died on the 20th and was not found for a number of days. He was laid to rest today next to his parents.:crying7: :crying6: :crying4: