Shopping

Thanks GF - I'll have a read through that and see what I can sort out for next year. I have lots of terracota pots in my shed but sadly nothing to put in them yet. :)

I really would like to get it looking nice.

I learned a valuable lesson about terra cotta... Unless you're going to put something in them like African Violets that like dry soil, the pot is going to suck up the moisture and then get moldy... and you're going to have to water more than usual because it's sucking the moisture out of the dirt.

I use clear spray paint to coat the inside and outside before I put anything in them. Now that I learned that trick, I have five terra cotta :)

That's a great idea! If you buy from a nursery, they always come in those cheapo plastic pots (which I can never seem to throw away :D )... I'm actually doing that now with a spider plant but it's a small plastic pot inside a big plastic pot. There's a gap in between each of the pots and it creates humidity and moisture. Good if you want moist soil all the time, (spiders aren't a problem) bad if you have to worry about rot.

My problem is that I'm allergic to mold. Even the slightest bit and I'm sneezing my head off. Plus it looks gross. :sick2:

I bought a sweater and a jacket today

The jacket I needed

The sweater I bought cause it makes me look good and I want to look good tomorrow for a boy *feels ashamed*

greenfreak said:
I learned a valuable lesson about terra cotta... Unless you're going to put something in them like African Violets that like dry soil, the pot is going to suck up the moisture and then get moldy... and you're going to have to water more than usual because it's sucking the moisture out of the dirt.

I use clear spray paint to coat the inside and outside before I put anything in them. Now that I learned that trick, I have five terra cotta :)

I usually line them with black plastic bags. :) Nothing stops the green algae here, or the snails! :(

I had a slug/snail problem the first summer we were in this apartment. I'm just a few blocks from the water and the slugs/snails would hang out on the concrete walkway up to my door and my front stoop. It was gross, stepping on them and hearing their shells crunch under my feet.

t-shirts,books,mags,video games(but any of those i wont buy since x-mas is coming up). cds too. love those.if im with a girl and she wants something i usually buy it for her if shes my date or something.

greenfreak said:
I had a slug/snail problem the first summer we were in this apartment. I'm just a few blocks from the water and the slugs/snails would hang out on the concrete walkway up to my door and my front stoop. It was gross, stepping on them and hearing their shells crunch under my feet.

We sometimes have massive frog hatchings on the paved road near our house. We'll see thousands of tiny little frogs swarming over the wet pavement. It's impossible to miss them with the car. Jan hates that. I like to tease her about it by making popping noises as she runs over them. ;)

She hates that too. :p

Yuk! I hate roadkill. :sick:

I like to tease her about it by making popping noises as she runs over them.

That should be grounds for divorce under the guise of "mental cruelty"! :D ;)

my missus isn't so fussed about the existing roadkill, it's more the pheasants that bounce of the bonnet and hit the windscreen just in front of her. hehehe :D

Model/hobby shops.

Whenever I visit a new town I look on the net to see if there is a Model/hobby shop there. I nearly allways buy somthing, a new kit or some new tools.

Next would probably be book's or DVD's.

freako104 said:
i guess this means noone here goes to the roadkill cafe???? :D

Well it's difficult to tell what you're eating when it's been scraped up off the road, and you can't skin or bone them too well either. I hate eating feathers or fur.:(

Ardsgaine said:
greenfreak said:

We sometimes have massive frog hatchings on the paved road near our house. We'll see thousands of tiny little frogs swarming over the wet pavement. It's impossible to miss them with the car. Jan hates that. I like to tease her about it by making popping noises as she runs over them. ;)

She hates that too. :p

Ain't he just mean!? :rolleyes:

Back