Should criminals be allowed to hold public office?

Should criminals be allowed to hold public office?

• Ignoring exceptions, in general I would say NO

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Ignoring exceptions, in general I sould say YES

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I have no opinion on this matter

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
Well it loooks pretty clear that not only were you bitching about the rich needing a tax break... while you don't pay taxes. But you also have been living tax-free for 20 years and now are illegally avoiding the taxes you should be paying now.

In addition to lying about supporting yourself.

You're just one big ball of bullshit.

flavio said:
now are illegally avoiding the taxes you should be paying now.
Look asshole, you're accusing me of a crime now, something which I'm not guilty of. Unless the accountant that does my family's taxes are corrupt, I'm not aware of any laws I am breaking. Get it?

Look, do I need to get someone that speaks fluent Moron to communicate with you? I'm not lying. If that is what you think, well, whatever, I don't give a damn.

Jerrek said:
flavio said:
now are illegally avoiding the taxes you should be paying now.
Look asshole, you're accusing me of a crime now, something which I'm not guilty of. Unless the accountant that does my family's taxes are corrupt, I'm not aware of any laws I am breaking. Get it?

No, I don't get it. You keep avoiding the questions. How is it that you spend more on deductible expenses than you make?

Look, do I need to get someone that speaks fluent Moron to communicate with you? I'm not lying. If that is what you think, well, whatever, I don't give a damn.

So how is it that you spend more on deductible expenses than you make without somebody contributing? Is name-calling the only way you know how to explain yourself?

flavio said:
No, I don't get it.
What a surprise.

You keep avoiding the questions. How is it that you spend more on deductible expenses than you make?
I'm not about to disclose my budget to you, but, here is an example. If you get a child benefit of say $1,000 and you only make $900, you can still get that benefit and have more deductions than you make. That is just an example.

Jerrek said:
flavio said:
No, I don't get it.
What a surprise.

You keep avoiding the questions. How is it that you spend more on deductible expenses than you make?
I'm not about to disclose my budget to you, but, here is an example. If you get a child benefit of say $1,000 and you only make $900, you can still get that benefit and have more deductions than you make. That is just an example.

You have kids now? We've already covered earlier in the discusion that this would be about the only deduction that doesn't stem from money spent.

The reason I don't get it is precisely because you don't have the balls to answer the question.

There's no need to disclose your budget. Just explain how you could have spent more on deductible expenses than you make and still somehow support yourself too. There's no reason to hide that unless it's BS.

As it is, you keep avoiding the issue which is making you look like a liar and guilty of tax evasion. Are you a criminal?

nnewton said:
i was under the impression that people who have served their time and been released are legally entitled to all the rights they enjoyed prior to conviction.

If only that were true. One look at the recidivism rate will tell you that. While some actually want to be rehabilitated, most just don't care. It's for those who don't care that we refuse to accept those who do. Unfortunate, but true.

Jerrek said:
That is just an example.
flavio said:
You have kids now?
Intelligence is really rare eh? Can you see that I typed that I gave an example?

We've already covered earlier in the discusion that this would be about the only deduction that doesn't stem from money spent.
Once again, more brilliant insight. What about tuition deductions? Living deductions? What about credits that get transferred between family members? If you are so incredibly interested in Ontario's tax laws, why don't you go to the website and read up on it?

My taxes are done by a professional, along with my family's. We've been auditted twice in the last three years. No police came knocking on our door. No one was arrested. No one was charged. Would you like proof of that too? Should I send you my tax returns so you can audit them?

I'm not answering the question because I don't know. I don't do the taxes and the guy told me he is deducting a crap load

Are you a criminal?
Why don't you tell me? You seem to be an expert in my life. :rolleyes:

Jerrek said:
Intelligence is really rare eh? Can you see that I typed that I gave an example?

Right, like I said->

flavio said:
We've already covered earlier in the discusion that this would be about the only deduction that doesn't stem from money spent.

Jerrek said:
Once again, more brilliant insight. What about tuition deductions? Living deductions?

Those would be deductions from money you spent. Are you following along yet?

So the idea is that your deductions should stem from money you spent on deductible expenses. Since you can't spend more than you make the question is how you get to <$0 income?

...and still claim to be paying all your own expenses?

That sure sounds illegal.

...and two audits in three years?? you people must have red flags sticking out of your butts.

ris said:
does that mean that you are using someone else's tax break?
I don't know? Ontario's tax system has more loopholes than you can possibly imagine. Hence we get someone to do it for us.

That sure sounds illegal.
If it was illegal we would have been in courts.

...and two audits in three years?? you people must have red flags sticking out of your butts.
Yes, immigrants usually have red flags over them. It isn't unusual you know? I mean, all the people that I know that immigrated to Canada from a third-world country did get auditted the first few years. Considering we've only been in Canada for four or so years and I'm the only person in my family that is a Canadian citizen, I don't find it unusual at all.

Jerrek said:
ris said:
does that mean that you are using someone else's tax break?
I don't know? Ontario's tax system has more loopholes than you can possibly imagine. Hence we get someone to do it for us.

ah, so you make sure the tax fiddle is above board. got it now :D

If I had to do it by myself, I'm pretty sure I would not have known of all the legal advantages and disadvantages. I don't see anything wrong with using every possible legal aspect to get out of paying incredible amount of taxes. Nor do I see anything wrong with hiring an accountant to do the taxes for me so as to get the greatest possible benefit.

Jerrek said:
If I had to do it by myself, I'm pretty sure I would not have known of all the legal advantages and disadvantages. I don't see anything wrong with using every possible legal aspect to get out of paying incredible amount of taxes. Nor do I see anything wrong with hiring an accountant to do the taxes for me so as to get the greatest possible benefit.

incredible amounts of taxes? You've been getting all the benfits from Income Tax funded programs without ever paying Income Tax for 20 years and now you're claiming deduxtions that you don't deserve.

...and don't give me this "I don't know" crap. A single 20yr old's taxes aren't so complex that you aren't going to have any idea what your deductions are. You know your deductions are shady and you don't pay all of your expenses.

incredible amounts of taxes?
My folks pay more than $1,300 a week in taxes. Tell me that isn't an incredible amount. Please, do tell me that.

now you're claiming deduxtions that you don't deserve.
Whether I deserve it or not is none of your business. The legal government, however, thinks I deserve it. That is what counts eh?

...and don't give me this "I don't know" crap. A single 20yr old's taxes aren't so complex that you aren't going to have any idea what your deductions are.
Perhaps not. But in a family of four people that file income tax returns with a home office, three people that work full time, minors, charitable donations, private schools, tuition, living expenses, and a whole lot more, combined with the fact that certain tax credits can be shifted around to other people in the family it becomes pretty complicated. And I don't hesitate to admit, it is too complicated for me to understand without going into an extensive study of Canada's income tax laws.

You know your deductions are shady
Do I? Actually I don't. It is perfectly legal. Its done by a professional, and the two times we've been auditted it has been confirmed by the government to be in perfect order. Where is the shady stuff you're talking about? Hmm, I see. Talking out of your ass.

and you don't pay all of your expenses.
That I do, and so does my parents.

:cool:

Back