That's it, we're toast

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
So, tell me again. Real slow, so I get it this time.

Read this, you can work through this in your spare time, for your perusal. Hell, look at damn near every post between 01/03 & April, there's lots of stuff.

BeardofPants

Gonz said:
Read this, you can work through this in your spare time, for your perusal. Hell, look at damn near every post between 01/03 & April, there's lots of stuff.

Ta, Gonz, but it ain't anything I haven't heard before. :shrug: No affiliations with Al Quaeda, no scuds fired off, no WMD found. And judging by the action going on over there, the Iraqi's aren't feeling very liberated either. Oh well, it looks like the Bush administration are getting a move on in implementing an Iraqi council quickly:
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/World/iraq_bremer_031112-1.html

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Gonz said:
I have read it all, Gonz...and I still have NO idea what you're blithering on about :lloyd:

Puma

Ok 'scuds' was a mild generalisation on all ranged un-manned missles. They might not have been actually scuds, they were missles and they exploded in Kuwait. The question was if they breached the UN limitation on range(not that this matters, we already found missles that breached this). It is said that 1 or 2 out of the 6(?) exceeded that range limitation but I don't consider this a fact that requires a single more word in this thread as it is redundant.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Somewhere behind those green-gray eyes, Josh remembers where he's been. And that he'll be going back. He remembers scrambling to get on his gas mask and get into a bunker the day he arrived in Kuwait when Scud missiles were flying overhead.

Nov 12, 2003

some local rag

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Marines had been loaded onto buses after their February flight into Kuwait and taken to Camp Commando to await the war.

"There were scud missiles falling 300 feet from the edge of the compound," said Cpl. Brian Baugh.

"You could watch the Patriot missiles come up and intercept them like that," said Staff Sgt. Jose Tablada III, tracing the triangulation with his hands.

The threat of chemical or biological attack, the Marines said, was among the most disturbing thoughts as they waited. Just waiting was difficult enough.

Hawaiin ragg Posted on: Monday, November 10, 2003

BeardofPants

Puma said:
They might not have been actually scuds, they were missles and they exploded in Kuwait.

They were Al Samouds, and had the inspectors had more time, they probably would have made it to the banned list as well, but they weren't.