The day the Earth nearly stood still

jimpeel

September 15, 2008, at ~11am, there was what can only be called a financial attack on the United States wherein $550 billion was drained from the money market system in less than two hours. The country was hemorrhaging money; and, according to Rep. Paul Kanjorski, if left to its conclusion would have caused a worldwide financial collapse in 24 hours.

In what Kanjorski described as "An electronic run on the banks", he stated that the FED estimated, if left unchecked, the run would have drained $5.5 trillion from the money market system of the United States by 2pm that day. This would have collapsed the entire economy of the United States and within 24 hours the entire world economy would have collapsed. He also stated that this would have spelled the end of our economic and political system.

The question that remains is how this happened; what drove this event; was this a terrorist effort; and was the effort directed at affecting the outcome of the presidential election?

Listen to Kanjorski yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8viQ_DhS4

The "September Surprise." The fact the dems have not yet and will never call a Congressional investigation into it says everything.

georgesorosdrevilge4.jpg

Ya know..I can't find it now, but I recall saying that a run on the bank was a dangerous thing and that closing the market was the only way to stop that.

Something to that effect. I'm not horribly surprised that a run happened, and that the run was stopped with a heavy hand. I am equally not surprised that it didn't see press - because a run is caused by panic. Closing the market and announcing it would cause more panic and an even bigger run.

The question that remains is how this happened;- panic from Q3 results
What drove this event; - Fanny and Freddie mostly.
Was this a terrorist effort - nope - individual panic.
Was the effort directed at affecting the outcome of the presidential election? Collapsing teh market in order to affect an election??!? Hardly! If such a thing would've succeeded, then GW Bush would still be in power...so unless it's created by the REPs :shrug:

Was the effort directed at affecting the outcome of the presidential election? Collapsing teh market in order to affect an election??!? Hardly!

Coincidentally, in the waning months of the campaign, one of the candidates was pushed as "The Economic Savior." When the economy started to spiral this person put the spurs to it, and then claimed he was the one with the ideas that could fix it.

and then the grey haired candidate demonstrated a lack of understanding of the economy.

There are two groups that could pull off such a run intentionally, and more.

Saudi Arabia and China.

Both have an enormous amount of money invested in American currency, stocks etc.. and were they to pull out entirely, or even partially..it would make the current crisis seem like a joke.

of course it was some secret conspiracy to get obama elected.

now, the question is, who is behind it? what group of people can wield such evil leverage.

the world is awaiting cerise's answer!

And then there's this ...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...16.3-trillion-bail-out-EC-dcoument-warns.html

European bank bail-out could push EU into crisis
A bail-out of the toxic assets held by European banks' could plunge the European Union into crisis, according to a confidential Brussels document.

By Bruno Waterfield in Brussels
Last Updated: 3:50PM GMT 11 Feb 2009

“Estimates of total expected asset write-downs suggest that the budgetary costs – actual and contingent - of asset relief could be very large both in absolute terms and relative to GDP in member states,” the EC document, seen by The Daily Telegraph, cautioned.

"It is essential that government support through asset relief should not be on a scale that raises concern about over-indebtedness or financing problems.”

The secret 17-page paper was discussed by finance ministers, including the Chancellor Alistair Darling on Tuesday.

National leaders and EU officials share fears that a second bank bail-out in Europe will raise government borrowing at a time when investors - particularly those who lend money to European governments - have growing doubts over the ability of countries such as Spain, Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Italy and Britain to pay it back.

The Commission figure is significant because of the role EU officials will play in devising rules to evaluate “toxic” bank assets later this month. New moves to bail out banks will be discussed at an emergency EU summit at the end of February. The EU is deeply worried at widening spreads on bonds sold by different European countries.

In line with the risk, and the weak performance of some EU economies compared to others, investors are demanding increasingly higher interest to lend to countries such as Italy instead of Germany. Ministers and officials fear that the process could lead to vicious spiral that threatens to tear both the euro and the EU apart.

“Such considerations are particularly important in the current context of widening budget deficits, rising public debt levels and challenges in sovereign bond issuance,” the EC paper warned.

hmmmmm yes the field seems limited to certain groups... certain conspiratorial groups, perhaps with 'internationalist' orientations... golly i can't wait for the answer!!!!

You can't get the number of individual investors together in the space of 2 hours that it would have taken to sell off 5.5 billion dollars in mutual fund assets on 9/15/08.

George Soros? A coalition of countries that were eager to have 0bama elected? Motive, weapon, opportunity.

Remember Zero said "Call me if you need me" when McCain suspended his campaign to fly to D.C. during that week? Zero was in on the deal. It was not important to him then yet now he's pushed a bloated "stimulus" bill down our throats to "correct" it. Yet I assume the consensus among many here is "oh, well. Shit happens." :shrug: It is an issue that has been swept under the rug.

The run on the market was an orchestrated event and the American people are entitled to know who was behind it.

Let the hearings begin!

Back