The Dixie Carps

2minkey

bootlicker
Find all posts started by 2minkey

Find all posts started by Gonz

That's only back to August of '05.

Start something...maybe it'll hit.

yeah like i'm gonna start posting a zillion "news items that piss me off" like you and the other angry guys.

but, point taken, i will start more threads. later.

chcr

Too cute for words
yeah like i'm gonna start posting a zillion "news items that piss me off" like you and the other angry guys.

but, point taken, i will start more threads. later.

Why? The lord and master of all internet discussion forums says so?

Altron

I saw the preview. I suppose that's a downside to going to the rich artsy theater that usually has the weird foreign films. Whatever, the seats are comfier, the clientele is typically more reserved (no 'homies' getting in fistfights) , the tickets are cheaper, and it's significantly to the southeast of my usual place to hang out, so I get to drive there.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Where have you been???? :rofl:

Ronald Reagan was an entertainer and not in a position to voice a political or person opinion of the leadership of America...

Who was a duly elected official (governor of California and...later...President of the US)

chcr said:
The governator is an entertainer and not in a position to voice a political or person opinion of the leadership of America...

notice your pwn term...'governator'...duly elected official (governor of California)

chcr said:
It's only a bad thing if you don't agree with it?????
:rolleyes:

I don't think her opinion matters one bit one way or the other. I don't like the way the press keeps dragging her from out of obscurity to expose her half-witty banter, though. I just tend to ignore her. Never bought a Dixie Chick song anyway...

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't think her opinion matters one bit one way or the other. I don't like the way the press keeps dragging her from out of obscurity to expose her half-witty banter, though. I just tend to ignore her. Never bought a Dixie Chick song anyway...

Which was the point I was trying to make in the first place before all the emotional folderol.

Oh, and as spike pointed out, neither Schwarzenegger nor Reagan were elected officials when they started publicly stating their political opinions. No one was mortally offended whether or not they agreed with said opinions. The point there was that it doesn't seem to bother highway unless he disagrees with the opinion. There's a word for that and it isn't "American." :shrug:

Just as an aside, I think Schwarzenegger might make a fair president. He's mostly a moderate and he wants government to work for the people, not in spite of them. I do not, however, think they should change the constitution to let him run.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Which was the point I was trying to make in the first place before all the emotional folderol.

Oh, and as spike pointed out, neither Schwarzenegger nor Reagan were elected officials when they started publicly stating their political opinions. No one was mortally offended whether or not they agreed with said opinions. The point there was that it doesn't seem to bother highway unless he disagrees with the opinion. There's a word for that and it isn't "American." :shrug:

I don't see spike's posts due to his being almost continually on my 'ignore' list...gotta keep the peace. :D As for Reagan, his opinions weren't front-page news. No 24-hour news channels, either. :shrug: Not enough time for outrage, I guess, because the effect was 'regional'. Ahnold played pretty close to the vest, and didn't use the stage to proclaim his political views as often, nor as stridently. Perspective and all that...;)

chcr said:
Just as an aside, I think Schwarzenegger might make a fair president. He's mostly a moderate and he wants government to work for the people, not in spite of them. I do not, however, think they should change the constitution to let him run.

We can agree on that one. I believe that there should be at least one generation between, anyway...

Inkara1

How would they have defamed it?
You said they improved it. I asked how they improved it. Any time you want to answer the question, that would be great. Unless, of course, you want people to back up their statements and do everything you can to knock down their sources, but refuse to back up your own statements. That would make you a hypocrite. Are you a hypocrite?

spike

You said they improved it. I asked how they improved it. Any time you want to answer the question, that would be great. Unless, of course, you want people to back up their statements and do everything you can to knock down their sources, but refuse to back up your own statements. That would make you a hypocrite. Are you a hypocrite?

Obviously SouthernNProud thinks what they said publicly was wrong hence defamed Dixie. I think what they said was right on hence enhanced Dixie.

Pretty simple really unless you're dense.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Obviously SouthernNProud thinks what they said publicly was wrong hence defamed Dixie. I think what they said was right on hence enhanced Dixie.

Pretty simple really.

I can promise you that if asked, SnP would write a university level thesis on why Dixie was defamed by this woman & what it means to the greater good. Please, don't get him started.

You, on the other hand, were asked to provide anyting on why you thought it improved Dixie. Await we do.