The Dixie Carps

spike

I can promise you that if asked, SnP would write a university level thesis on why Dixie was defamed by this woman & what it means to the greater good. Please, don't get him started.

You, on the other hand, were asked to provide anyting on why you thought it improved Dixie. Await we do.

I already told you. Because what they said was right on. If we get that university thesis from SnP I'll be glad to address it. Really this is a matter of opinion like if like if I said Ann Coulter is ugly and someone else said she was pretty.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I can promise you that if asked, SnP would write a university level thesis on why Dixie was defamed by this woman & what it means to the greater good. Please, don't get him started.

Uh huh. See, I could do that because I know my topic. Unlike others. If, on the other hand, I were to try and write a sensible paragraph on, oh let's say economics in the Portland OR fresh fish market, I would be lost. Admittedly. Hence, I don't argue those points. I try to contain my arguments to things I know something about. Unlike others.

spike

As many times as you've gone wrong we know that ain't true. Hell you were just trying to make a point oblivious to the English spelling of "defence" a day ago.

Damn if you weren't pretty far off about those election polls too.

MrBishop

Pardon me for stepping in...

is she being slammed because:
a) She's an entertainer and should keep her political opinions to herself
b) She expressed her political opinions outside of the USA (a no-no)
c) She expressed political opinions about the sitting president (a no-no)
d) all of the above

?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member

d) all of the above

?

:hmm: I'd go with 'b' over anything else, but 'a' would work in a pinch...You'd be surprised on how many people just 'go with' a celeb instead of forming their own opinion.

spike

d) all of the above

?

You know she was slammed purely because die hard Bush supporters didn't like what she said. If she had made negative comments about Clinton the same people would be cheering her on. Everything else is just an excuse.

Inkara1

Obviously SouthernNProud thinks what they said publicly was wrong hence defamed Dixie. I think what they said was right on hence enhanced Dixie.

Pretty simple really unless you're dense.
That's got to be about the dumbest rationalization I've read this month. Her saying she's embarrassed to be from the same state as W improves Dixie... how? Maybe you could enlighten the rest of us, O educated one. Does her spouting off without knowing what the fuck she's talking about somehow solve the real problems going on in Dixie, such as meth, low-achieving public schools, etc.? Or is it just because you happen to agree with her, so her message must be the glorious light that improves everyone's lives simply by hearing it?

spike

Hey you got it. I agree with her hence enhanced Dixie. SNP doesn't agree so he thinks it's defamed Dixie just by hearing it.

This is the dumbest way you've tried to pick an arguement with me yet.

Inkara1

So you're so important that your opinions, and opinions that agree with yours, enhance a region that you live thousands of miles away from?

spike

No, the question was whether the Dixie Chicks opinions enhanced/defamed the name of Dixie.

This is neat.

Inkara1

You said they enhanced Dixie. I asked how and the closest to an answer I could get was, basically, because they agree with you. That's somehow supposed to make that part of the country a better place.

Watching you make an ass of yourself is indeed neat.

spike

You said they enhanced Dixie. I asked how and the closest to an answer I could get was, basically, because they agree with you. That's somehow supposed to make that part of the country a better place.

Watching you make an ass of yourself is indeed neat.

snp->they have defamed the good name of Dixie

spike->They've actually improved it.

Why does snp think they've defamed it? Because he disagrees with them. Why do I think they've improved it? Because I agree with them.

Seeing you act like a dumbass repeatedly over this simple concept is fun.

Yeah, but it gets old after a while.

Are you still embarrassed everyone made fun of your racist chinese post?

spike

I'm not an anti-semite at all. In fact I'm spending Thanksgiving at my friend's house who was born in Israel. Nice try though.