The rest of the story

Leslie said:
I do believe that both the living relatives and the deadbeforetheirtimes ancestors of my Anishnaabe Ojibwe children would beg to differ. Seen the graves, heard the living stories, read the books.

Yep. the Eurowhitetrash pilgimage to the new world certainly went out of their way to send diseases which only the "native Americans" (talk a bout a PC load of crap) would fall prey. The Eurowhitetrash puritans asked God the best way to handle these heathens & god said....Biological Warfare. :rolleyes:

Oh the irony

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Maryland public school students are free to thank anyone they want while learning about the 17th century celebration of Thanksgiving (search) — as long as it's not God.

And that is how it should be, administrators say.

Young students across the state read stories about the Pilgrims (search) and Native Americans, simulate Mayflower (search) voyages, hold mock feasts and learn about the famous meal that temporarily allied two very different groups.

But what teachers don't mention when they describe the feast is that the Pilgrims not only thanked the Native Americans for their peaceful three-day indulgence, but repeatedly thanked God.

"We teach about Thanksgiving from a purely historical perspective, not from a religious perspective," said Charles Ridgell, St. Mary's County Public Schools curriculum and instruction director.

FoxNews

Ahhh, shit. More rest of the story

1863 Proclamation by President Abraham Lincoln:

The year that is drawing towards its close, has been filled with the blessings of fruitful fields and healthful skies. To these bounties, which are so constantly enjoyed that we are prone to forget the source from which they come, others have been added, which are of so extraordinary a nature, that they cannot fail to penetrate and soften even the heart which is habitually insensible to the ever watchful providence of Almighty God.

In the midst of a civil war of unequalled magnitude and severity, which has sometimes seemed to foreign States to invite and to provoke their aggression, peace has been preserved with all nations, order has been maintained, the laws have been respected and obeyed, and harmony has prevailed everywhere except in the theatre of military conflict; while that theatre has been greatly contracted by the advancing armies and navies of the Union.
Needful diversions of wealth and of strength from the fields of peaceful industry to the national defence, have not arrested the plough, the shuttle, or the ship; the axe had enlarged the borders of our settlements, and the mines, as well of iron and coal as of the precious metals, have yielded even more abundantly than heretofore. Population has steadily increased, notwithstanding the waste that has been made in the camp, the siege and the battle-field; and the country, rejoicing in the consciousness of augmented strength and vigor, is permitted to expect continuance of years with large increase of freedom.

No human counsel hath devised nor hath any mortal hand worked out these great things. They are the gracious gifts of the Most High God, who, while dealing with us in anger for our sins, hath nevertheless remembered mercy. It has seemed to me fit and proper that they should be solemnly, reverently and gratefully acknowledged as with one heart and voice by the whole American People.

I do therefore invite my fellow citizens in every part of the United States, and also those who are at sea and those who are sojourning in foreign lands, to set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next, as a day of Thanksgiving and Praise to our beneficent Father who dwelleth in the Heavens. And I recommend to them that while offering up the ascriptions justly due to Him for such singular deliverances and blessings, they do also, with humble penitence for our national perverseness and disobedience, commend to his tender care all those who have become widows, orphans, mourners or sufferers in the lamentable civil strife in which we are unavoidably engaged, and fervently implore the interposition of the Almighty Hand to heal the wounds of the nation and to restore it as soon as may be consistent with the Divine purposes to the full enjoyment of peace, harmony, tranquillity and Union.

Abraham Lincoln

Two quick questions re: that little audio file, Winky.

1) The land that the pilgims split up into tracts of land per family member... how exactly did they come about owning land in a place they'd never been before?

2) What happened to the millions of indians living in North and South America before the pilrims arrived? Did they all just commit suicide, thankfully and selflessly giving away their land to the obviously holier-than-thou Pilgrims?

The file talks about the evolution of politics and the bill-of rights in what's now known as USA, but nothing about the fate of the conquered.

The file talks about the evolution of politics and the bill-of rights in what's now known as USA, but nothing about the fate of the conquered.

The winners never care about the conquered, Bish.

The real meaning of Thanksgiving is to sell lots of holiday foods, especially turkeys. History is important in it's proper context. And the truth should be taught in schools. But don't stop it there. Teach the truth of the sucesses of some socialized programs, and why some succeed and some don't.

I don't know any democrats that want to "socialize" America, but they would like national healthcare even if it's goverment assisted.

markjs said:
I don't know any democrats that want to "socialize" America, but they would like national healthcare even if it's goverment assisted.

Redundant

Yes Amerika would be a much better
place than it is today if the http://www.self-gov.org/freeman/8903lemi.html ]private practice of medicine was made illegal[/url] by decree of the Federal government. We know how well the government handles things. I'd want my life to be in the hands of politicians wouldn't you???

chcr said:
The winners never care about the conquered, Bish.

and then the winners write the history. and here I thought ti was about the Europeans and Indians making some kind of peace and celebrating it.

Winky said:
Sorry there Bish,
I can't tell if you are being serious or not?
The speaker throws me off...he starts by saying that the truth of Thanksgiving is almost the complete opposite of the story being taught in school...then promptly goes on a tengent, ignoring how the story is meant to be the complete opposite.

He seems to be using "Thanksgiving" as a soap-box to decree how America is the greatest place on earth and that Christianity made it the way it is today.

Great... now, what was that about the indians again? How is the story opposite of the Pilgims emigrate, know SFA about farming and survival, half of them die off, the indians teach them farming and give them food to tie them over...all the pilgims live happily ever after.

The indians don't do so well....but that's conquering for you.

Spike...that was posted 3 years go... the page probably has gone buh-bye since then, and been replaced with a pr0n-site.

Back