This guy is so fired

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BAGHDAD - The United States is now winning the war that two years ago seemed lost. Limited, sometimes sharp fighting and periodic terrorist bombings in Iraq are likely to continue, possibly for years. But the Iraqi government and the U.S. now are able to shift focus from mainly combat to mainly building the fragile beginnings of peace — a transition that many found almost unthinkable as recently as one year ago.

Mainstream press, admitting success. He's gonna hafta go sell clothes or something.

Source

It is interesting how Obama goes to Iraq and says what a great job our guys are doing over there, and right after, this story comes out.

He supports the troops but he didn't want to fund them.

B.H.O said:
I am not persuaded that 20,000 additional troops in Iraq is going to solve the sectarian violence there. In fact, I think it will do the reverse. I think (the surge) takes pressure off the Iraqis to arrive at the sort of political accommodation that every observer believes is the ultimate solution to the problems we face there. So I am going to actively oppose the president's proposal.

http://townhall.com/columnists/John...aying_about_the_surge?page=full&comments=true

The only way out of Iraq is for the Iraqis to take over their own military/police and infrastructure. The quicker the better...sending in more troops to do the job for'em isn't going to help them do if for themselves.

LEWISTON, Idaho — A defective campaign button offered a new take on Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign slogan, "Change we can believe in."

The 3-inch button was intended to show Obama standing next to Larry LaRocco, the Idaho Democratic candidate running for U.S. Senate. Rather than LaRocco's smiling face, however, the button had a photo of Sen. Larry Craig, the staunch Republican who's vacating the seat LaRocco wants to fill.

"That sounds like it's going to be a collector's item," said Dean Ferguson, LaRocco's communications director. "I'm sure Sen. Obama appreciates Sen. Craig's support."

Ferguson said the buttons were not ordered by the LaRocco campaign. They appear to have been produced by a commercial firm that makes buttons and other campaign memorabilia related to Democratic races around the country.

Bill Hall, editor emeritus of the Tribune's editorial page, was able to snag some of the buttons from the company's Web site before they were corrected.

"I didn't special order them," Hall said. "I was looking at this commercial site that had buttons from every state. I clicked on Idaho and saw one button for Larry LaRocco. I've known Larry for years and the photo didn't look quite right. I realized it was a mistake, like finding a coin that's been damaged in the making, so I quickly ordered 10 of them."

Hall looked at the site two days later and the photo had already been corrected.

The Ohio-based button manufacturer, Tigereye Design, could not be reached for comment on Friday. Its Web site, www.democraticstuff.com, indicates the company "is committed to helping Democrats at every level" and that it "provides the highest-quality merchandise faster than anyone else in the country."

Craig, whose views on many issues differ from Obama's, is not seeking re-election following his involvement in a gay sex sting operation at a Minnesota airport bathroom. No one answered the phone late Friday at Craig's Boise or Lewiston offices.

THis guy is so fired - part two

The only way out of Iraq is for the Iraqis to take over their own military/police and infrastructure. The quicker the better...sending in more troops to do the job for'em isn't going to help them do if for themselves.

"Ah will nevuh send Amurucan boys halfway around the world to do a job Veetnamese boys oughta be doin for themselves".
-LBJ, circa 1964?

John Stuart Mill said:
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.

The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

;)

Hence the origins of the term 'freedom fighters'

or in the Bush phrase-book - illegal combatants.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Couldn't agree more.

so does simply going along with the program and cheering rah rah mean that one is one of them miserable, pathetic creatures? or does that take more courage than thinking for yourself?

Some say patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Some say it's the first.

And then again, some say patriotism is killing the sorry piece of excrement that murdered 3,000 of your fellow citizens simply because they don't believe in shooting their daughters in the back of the head while they kneel down in the middle of a soccer stadium.

So, let's say hypothetically that you are up early for work drinking a cup of coffee and a rapist starts to break into your house. Do you:

A) Grab a baseball bat and proceed to liquefy his brains?

B) Say to him "Listen, the wife is upstairs sleeping, just let me get my car keys and I'm outta here". And then try to figure out what your wife did to deserve such treatment while you drive away?

It's a hypothetical about how people react when family, friends, fellow countrymen are threatened. Do you back away since it didn't or is not likely to become a threat to you personally, or do you step in.

It's a hypothetical about how people react when family, friends, fellow countrymen are threatened. Do you back away since it didn't or is not likely to become a threat to you personally, or do you step in.

Going by the current administration's actions, D) None of the above.

BTW, inept and inapt metaphor I'm afraid.

Back