• No, I'm still enjoying myself

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Keep it for the history

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No opinion

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Professur

Looking at this last month's threadcount ..... I think it's plain to see .... this place is done. Whatever purpose Sam, fury and the rest had at it's beginning is long dead. I think it's time to cut our losses and save those paying the cost of this place the money. A show of hands, please.

The problem as I see it is that there are two people who open a plethora of threads, specifically in TRW forum, that can not be considered objective or serious in any way. These threads are aimed at attacks against people who do not have the same political views that these two people have. There is clearly no interest conveyed in the threads created that the creators are interested in intelligent debate, or an airing of views as adults. The purpose of creating the threads is for trolling. They are often plagued with insults and misinformation (if not blatant lies) for the purpose of creating conflict.

I've made every effort to avoid them and to create neutral threads which would add a more positive atmosphere to this board. I would encourage others to do the same. I would also encourage others to avoid these trolling threads because as long as the trolls get the responses they want the conflicts and adolescent insults will continue.

I would like to add that one of the two people I've mentioned seems to have the ability to sway away from the insults and provide a contribution to an adult debate. As for the other, there is no hope because I do not believe that person has the intelligence to add to any conversation and has no incentive to live up to a higher standard. That person is on this board only to troll and we are at fault for satisfying that desire.

To the question at hand: to close Otcentral?
My answer is: it depends. Can anyone monitor TRW forum to remove these threads everyday? If the poster knows that threads must be started in in a neutral format (without insult to particular parties, give the facts as found at your referenced site) or they will be deleted, then I believe people will force themselves to evolve and set themselves to a higher standard. Members will, in turn, come back and contribute to this board. But it is tiresome to come here and fish through the new threads that are added daily that do nothing to promote this board.

This post was not intended to inflict injury on any member. It's intent is to provide my opinion on the subject of this thread only.

we've gone from Off Topic Central to Politics Central, and lost a lot of good members along the way

Hello, troll. ;)
d7e429478addb458

User Posts
Gonz 34,328 *Still present - future unknown
Professur 26,295*Still present - future unknown
tonksy 22,667 *Gone
unclehobart 21,830*Gone
Leslie 21,059 *MIA
Luis G 20,490 *MIA
chcr 19,618*Still present - future unknown
Gato_Solo 17,359
Nixy 16,045*Gone
Inkara1 16,038*Still present - future unknown
PT 14,869*Gone
MrBishop 14,611*Still present - future unknown
freako104 13,800*Gone
Squiggy 11,472*Gone
SouthernN'Proud 10,519*Gone
Shadowfax 10,300*Gone
Jeslek 9,551*Gone
fury 9,105*MIA
Winky 9,000
HomeLAN 8,815*Gone

User Posts
Gonz 34,328 *Still present - future unknown
Professur 26,295*Still present - future unknown
tonksy 22,667 *Gone
unclehobart 21,830*Gone
Leslie 21,059 *MIA
Luis G 20,490 *MIA
chcr 19,618*Still present - future unknown
Gato_Solo 17,359
Nixy 16,045*Gone
Inkara1 16,038*Still present - future unknown
PT 14,869*Gone
MrBishop 14,611*Still present - future unknown
freako104 13,800*Gone
Squiggy 11,472*Gone
SouthernN'Proud 10,519*Gone
Shadowfax 10,300*Gone
Jeslek 9,551*Gone
fury 9,105*MIA
Winky 9,000
HomeLAN 8,815*Gone

An uglier list yet is the list of staff.

Staff left over, ya mean. Precious little... If I really want to shed tears, I can extend the list a wee bit. Greenfreak and AuntieEm are lower down in the post-count but still missed, eh.

Another trouble here is bias. Don't get me wrong, I think you moderators do your damnedest to be fair, but your political leanings often show through anyway. A person with more liberal leanings has a lot less rope with which to hang themselves with. I'm not trying to stir shit here, but it seems to be the case and I'm quite sure I am not alone in feeling the truth of this.

....As for the other, there is no hope because I do not believe that person has the intelligence to add to any conversation and has no incentive to live up to a higher standard. That person is on this board only to troll and we are at fault for satisfying that desire....

Gee I wonder who that could be? A right wing superstar?!?

:rofl: :rofl2: :rofl3:

Another trouble here is bias. Don't get me wrong, I think you moderators do your damnedest to be fair, but your political leanings often show through anyway. A person with more liberal leanings has a lot less rope with which to hang themselves with. I'm not trying to stir shit here, but it seems to be the case and I'm quite sure I am not alone in feeling the truth of this.

Perhaps one of the libs on this board could be elevated to moderator, er I mean pinko commie fags.....Sorry!

J/K

I know she is, but my feeling is that she is so annoyed by the RW forum that she is near invisible.

Or perhaps so left wing she is too permissive?

Back