Town hall meeting

MrBishop

So much crap going around which is aimed more towards character assassination and direct personal attacks instead of actually discussing the issue at hand. It's asinine, repetitive and not worth all the effort being put into it. Frankly, it's exactly what almost sank this place not all that long ago and most certainly what drove many people from this place and continues to do so to this day.

Dave

So much crap going around which is aimed more towards character assassination and direct personal attacks instead of actually discussing the issue at hand. It's asinine, repetitive and not worth all the effort being put into it. Frankly, it's exactly what almost sank this place not all that long ago and most certainly what drove many people from this place and continues to do so to this day.

QFT

ResearchMonkey

OK, so lets all be nice to each other. Lets not call a liar a liar. Lets be sweet about it and tolerate it lovingly. Lets accept demeaning innuendos and giggle about it, while being offended by clear language.

I do not see a problem with someone saying what they want to say. I do see a problem with barriers being placed in free expression and if someones is acting in a particular manner .... you should be able to respond in common language. If someone says something that carries an innuendo of personal insult, you can expect a response that contains the projection of the internalized personal insult. What part of free-speech is so difficult to understand.

"Oh but you should say it in an enlightened and intelligent manner"

Fuck-that, its neutered speech. --Maybe I'm just not as smart as you are. Maybe I'm a simpleton and not as elite as you are, a common run-of-the-mill-redneck -- so I should be excluded from the conversation? That I should I remain silent as long I communicate in a manner that is not up to your professional standards?

I see your point..... free speech should be limited to people who can meet an arbitrary standard that is acceptable to you.

I spend up to 16 hours a day focused on work at my PC. I come by here as I take a breath in between points of work as leisure. It's a forum on the internet. A place where theoretically someone can express their thoughts, ideas and feelings. --- internets, serious business.

Winky

Time for an old timey lynching.

QFT part trois

Getting rid of RJ solves the issue.
No wait that was tried and it failed
never mind continue along allowing everyone
to be victimized.

To change the situation you seem to be protesting against using copy/paste all over the board?

No I am just being sarcastic for a day or two. I have no wish to argue today. I didn't mean to offend you.....

Even my attempt at light hearted sarcastic humor seem to be misunderstood!

Beyond that I really should withhold comment....

ResearchMonkey

Re: Time for an old timey lynching.

QFT part trois

Getting rid of RJ solves the issue.
No wait that was tried and it failed
never mind continue along allowing everyone
to be victimized.
Oh winky, thats not very nice at all. Could you rephrase that comment into a confusingly false and loving manner full of innuendos making it more politically correct.

Thank you.

Oh winky, thats not very nice at all. Could you rephrase that comment into a confusingly false and loving manner full of innuendos making it more politically correct.

Thank you.

Aww does widdle hims not like widdle rJ? If only I had taken his advice and killed myself huh? Lucky for me that I like me! Buh-bye now!

ResearchMonkey

Aww does widdle hims not like widdle rJ? If only I had taken his advice and killed myself huh? Lucky for me that I like me! Buh-bye now!

Oh mark, please lets not have any of this killing talk. Its too uncomfortable for me.

:big hugs:

Well I am not bitter....

My life is actually very nice these days....Plus, last nights flu symptoms seem to have resolved! Hells yeah!

Dave

.... is aimed more towards character assassination and direct personal attacks instead of actually discussing the issue at hand. It's asinine, repetitive and not worth all the effort being put into it....

Read it again. Both of you.

ResearchMonkey

Read it again. Both of you.
Thank you Dave for pointing this out for me because I couldn't of possibly understood it the first time. I have to say, I feel a little singled out here. I feel like you are talking down to me. I thought we were moving towards a forum where condescension towards others was unacceptable.

:happypain:

Yeah Dave my feelings are kind of hurt! I thought we were friends?!?!

Is sarcasm and humor unacceptable? I'm not putting anyone down. Just bein' silly cuz I am bored....