Water, water, everywhere...

very little grass, it's all woods, and creeks.
Still some huge trees out there. Still not even half of it developed.

the 300+ was what there were reduced to buying with the little the gov. gave for the land.

Long term effect?

From
3webres.16.6.02.DSCN1421%20Stream,%20Banc-y-Daren,%20Brechfa%20SN530285.JPG

to

this
tour_grand_canyon_1.jpg

is long term. Not such a bad trade.

At least a town of 145 can import a little water the hard way. It gets a little dicey at the 2000+ level. Pretty soon we'll have to wash our dainties in Evian.

At least a town of 145 can import a little water the hard way. It gets a little dicey at the 2000+ level. Pretty soon we'll have to wash our dainties in Evian.
Yup. We're not doing so bad here although there's a premium for going over a certain usage amount. We got about 3-4 inches of rain last week, so that helps. Still something like 18 inches down for the year.

Not so much an intellectual exercise when your living through it, huh? ;)

My town has had its water contingency in place for over 100 years. When Denver and surrounding cities were on water restrictions, we weren't because we had plenty of water.

My town has had its water contingency in place for over 100 years. When Denver and surrounding cities were on water restrictions, we weren't because we had plenty of water.

100 years ago your town had intelligent administrators who understood that there is something beyond the current bottom line. A rare thing then, far rarer now.

100 Years ago Orme was (as it is now) a bunch of farmers. At that time there probably weren't 25 literate people in the area.

100 years ago your town had intelligent administrators who understood that there is something beyond the current bottom line. A rare thing then, far rarer now.

100 Years ago Orme was (as it is now) a bunch of farmers. At that time there probably weren't 25 literate people in the area.

There is so much to say about Longmont. Mr. Long, for whom Long's Peak (Elev. 14,255') is named, sure had his s--- together.

The town is far enough from the mountains to avoid the violent updrafts and close enough to the mountains to avoid the damaging hail, tornadoes, and other violent weather. I call Longmont the "3:1 city" because when Denver gets three of anything, we get one; be it feet of snow or inches of rain.

All of the news stations are in Denver so whenever we watch the weather we simply do the math to see what we are going to get.

Last December was one of the rare exceptions to that ruke as we ended up with the same three feet of snow that Denver did. The last time that happened was in 1986. Once every twenty years ain't so bad.

You can say shit here if you want... actually, the entire seven words you can't say on television: shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker and tits.

If one thing works then that means every totally unrelated thing will work. I'm with ya.

Alaska:

Giant pipeline carrying oil from one place to another.

Contiguous United States:

Giant pipeline carrying water from one place to another.

Lotsa difference there.

We have pipelines carrying gasoline all over the United States, usually along railway rights of way. What is your beef with carrying lifegiving, lifesaving, pure water to those who need it?

You can say shit here if you want... actually, the entire seven words you can't say on television: shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker and tits.

Yeah, I know, and have done so in other posts. I just don't always use it so I won't screw up on other boards I frequent. It pays to stay in practice.

What is your beef with carrying lifegiving, lifesaving, pure water to those who need it?

Why do you think I have that beef? I was pointing out the silliness of being against impact reports. As if more information and some planning ahead is a bad thing.

Water, water, everywhere...

The latest natural disaster visited upon Mexico is last week’s flood in Tabasco, a low-lying gulf coast state in eastern Mexico. There is flooding in Tabasco every year, but this time ten days of heavy rain caused massive flooding, leaving 80% of the state’s land area with water.

Back