What does your desktop look like?

Luis G said:
Great pic, can you upload a hi-res version of it? :D
Thanks, Luis. I stopped there after a short climb, had some hot tea with a bit of bread and cheese while I read some Wordsworth; it was pretty much a perfect moment I try to remember as often as I can. This is the highest res I was able to attach.... :shrug:

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Thanks, Luis. I stopped there after a short climb, had some hot tea with a bit of bread and cheese while I read some Wordsworth; it was pretty much a perfect moment I try to remember as often as I can. This is the highest res I was able to attach.... :shrug:

Lovely pic Natalie (I'm biased....lake district is amongst me fave places in the UK).

[sings]There is a green hill far away.......I'm going back there one fine day[/singing] Stroll on spring!

My desktop ain't worth posting........'tas a piccy of the moon on it, its been there since I bought the 'puter :)

Press PrintScrn, should be right between your F12 key and your Scroll Lock key (WTF does Scroll Lock do these days, anyway?)

Then open up Paint or any other graphics program, click paste, edit to fit here (640x640 Max) then save in jpg preferably.

MY current Desktop wall paper

mercenaire_900.jpg

here is mine :)

ohhohh thats funny isnt it a smilie. damnit i gotta resize.

Attachments

• bucks10.bmp600.bmp
    269.2 KB · Views: 23
Here's my home one now... This one also changes weekly depending on my mood and the mood of my S.O.

MrBishop said:
Here's my home one now... This one also changes weekly depending on my mood and the mood of my S.O.

that's beautiful, Bish.... wish I were there now instead of here at work listening to some insane piece of machinery pounding at a building site out my window....it's making my fillings rattle :errrr:

Ms Ann Thrope said:
that's beautiful, Bish.... wish I were there now instead of here at work listening to some insane piece of machinery pounding at a building site out my window....it's making my fillings rattle :errrr:

Took the pic on the way to the cabin in Malone NY, last friday night. I love a good sunset pic. :)

PuterTutor said:
Press PrintScrn, should be right between your F12 key and your Scroll Lock key (WTF does Scroll Lock do these days, anyway?)

Then open up Paint or any other graphics program, click paste, edit to fit here (640x640 Max) then save in jpg preferably.
there's a couple real operating systems left that still use it

The Scroll Lock key is a remnant from the original IBM PC keyboard. In the original design, Scroll Lock was intended to modify the behavior of the arrow keys. When the scroll lock mode was on, the arrow keys would scroll the contents of a text window. In this sense, Scroll Lock serves a similar purpose to Num Lock and Caps Lock: it enables a secondary function of a group of keys. Today, this particular use of Scroll Lock is rare. (One modern program that does use this behavior is Microsoft Excel.) In modern GUI environments, scrolling is usually accomplished using other means such as scrollbars.

In Linux command line sessions, the Scroll Lock key is used to pause screen output. This behavior emulates the Hold Screen key or similar flow control mechanisms on computer terminals. Because of this emulation, the term scroll lock is sometimes used to generically refer to a screen pausing behavior. This usage could potentially cause confusion since screen pausing behavior is not intrinsically a part of the Scroll Lock key. In Microsoft DOS, the Pause key pauses the screen output.

In FreeBSD and other BSD descendants Scroll Lock still functions similarly to IBM's original design.

Back