What file transfer app do you use?

mIRC whenever possible. Almost never use P2P apps these days.
I work at home and when I need to pass large files to the boss or other (computer phobic ;)) I post em on my website with Flash FXP.

It works pretty good once you get used to it. The only thing I don't like is you can't get from multiple users, so if the person you're getting from drops you, it doesn't just keep going.

It works pretty good once you get used to it. The only thing I don't like is you can't get from multiple users, so if the person you're getting from drops you, it doesn't just keep going.
It´s true that you can´t get same exact file from several people as in P2P or edonkey, but you can get as many files at the same time as you like. (I know you knew that ;))
And this little beauty will make sure you´ll resume as soon as the guy that fled on you while leeching from him comes back into the network... and they always come back :D
Here´s for sharing.

True G4, but the only other thing I've found about using IRC is that if you're on dial up, forget it. They'll drop you quick. I have DSL now, so I don't have that happen too much anymore, but it used to quite a bit. Seems like the Kazaa people are the most forgiving of slow connections, I've downloaded 100mb files from people at 4k and not been dropped once. Of course they may not have even noticed it, but...:shrug:

I'll check out that autoget when I get home, that may help some, cause yes, chances are if they are sharing on IRC, they will be back. :D

I don't know if they drop you so much as it gets difficult to handle the floods.

G4 & fury, what servers do you guys use? I used to sit on Dalnet most of the time but since it's been attacked so consistantly this year i've stayed away and now stick to Undernet.

With kazza its kazza itself that trys different segments from different users, and the problem is if a user drops off the net or cancels you the buffering is so poor it can corrupt the file, with edonkey the files are checked for consistency and redownloaded in whole segments i believe so corruption is almost unheard of.

HeXp£Øi±: I use Undernet too.

I can´t even remember why I quit using spr jukebox :confuse3:

I use Smart FTP for FTP servers... although I don't know any good FTPs anymore... For just general purpose I use Kazaa Lite, which I hate. On my cable connection I get stuck with like 1kb/sec downloads, its due to my firewall... but I can't get out from behind my router :(

Justintime said:
How is the FW limiting you so bad? You tried any firmware updates etc.. for your router?

I had never tried that before.... but I just updated it and im still maxin out at like 2kb/sec :(

Aunty, i don't think you're an idiot, you managed to do some stuff in Linux pretty well, almost no help. ;)

Luis G said:
Aunty, i don't think you're an idiot, you managed to do some stuff in Linux pretty well, almost no help.

I, on the other hand feel like quite the idiot when it comes to linux.:retard:

Back