What is love?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
It is all so confussing! What have I gotten myself into ?!?!?!? *sigh*

greenfreak

How long have you been romantically involved with the second guy? Seeing him for a visit might be a very good idea, see if you two get along face to face.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ok, I think the two of you need to chill for a bit. Keep talking, but no flying around the world for a while. When a person is willing to fly around the world to meet someone, they are very likely to like that person and think there is something between them, even if there is not. Why? Because that person has just invested a great deal in the fact that there is something between you. I would really think about this before pursuing it further. Also, it's going to be three years before you can really be together, have you ever been in a long distance relationship? It's not easy, some would say it's impossible.

greenfreak

Aha! :D I think you know what you *should* do but you don't want to. The more we talk about this, the more uneasy I'm getting. Sorry we didn't give you the answers you wanted (;)) but you know what we think now, I guess the rest is up to you two. Good luck with it! :)

Love is the respect & admiration for another for who they are, not who you think they are nor who they can be. It is daily, unspoken, gratitude for that person making your life better. It is a desire, not a need. It is the only feeling without remorse. It is so much easier to list what it is not than what it is.

Having the hots for someone is not love. Love includes those feelings but does not dwell on them.

Wishing to spend 24/7/365 with someone in not love. Love is there, whether or not the recipient is there to receive it.

Love is no demands. Love is given freely, never asking for anything in return.

Love is never asking if it is love.

Most importantly, Love is not enough. :biker:

Leoslocks

Not to interupt the flow ot the thread but the Greeks have three words that translate as "Love":
Filos: The love of friends or friendship

Eros: Erotic or sexual love

Agape: An unconditional love, like the love God has for man.

A relationship that embraces all the interpertations of Love in a balanced manner would be wonderful.

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
GOD ALMIGHTY said:
Love is the respect & admiration for another for who they are, not who you think they are nor who they can be. It is daily, unspoken, gratitude for that person making your life better. It is a desire, not a need. It is the only feeling without remorse. It is so much easier to list what it is not than what it is.

You're absolutely right on that one (of course you are, I wouldn't expect less from the only God!)

Regardless of what other people think, it sure answers the question for me.

freako104

Nixy said:
This person wouldn't be moving here for probably 3 years. I am just trying to figure out what my feelings are for each of them?

Is it possible to love someone you have never met in person?
i think it is. i will admit i have feelings for a girl in NY but i never met her but weve talked quite a bit and have called each oher and later i realised how i felt about her. nix i know how ya feel. all i can say is go with the one you feel you would be happiest and safest with. love to me is one of the greatest things in this world and i hope whoever you decide to go with will be there forever for ya. rock on!

greenfreak

That's what we call "Upstate" NY. Very close to Albany, on the eastern side of the state close to the borders of Vermont and Massachusetts.

So she's a country girl. Cool. :D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
Nixy said:
It is all so confussing! What have I gotten myself into ?!?!?!? *sigh*

Just don't think too much ahead at the time. Take things with small steps. Don't think about the consequences all the time. Doing so would drive you crazy! Love is such a great deal of emotions, and not of rational thinking.

At least that's what I figured out now. Just follow what your heart tells you to do, and don't think about what could or could not happen in 3 years!
Real love is possible without seeing each other in real life, I'm so sure about that.

Being with that person is most important now. Thinking about the consequences is of less importance...just follow your heart.
I'm doing that at the moment, and it's working out pretty fine for me I can say!

freako104

shadowfax is right nix but also just remember were all here on ot central and also on xibase to give you any kind of support youll need. rock on!

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Nixy said:
Is it possible to love someone you have never met in person?

I can assure you, its very possible. I've just ended the most glorious relationship I've ever known. And we've never met in person. :( Hope you fair better than I. I'll keep a good thought for you.

nalani

*hugs Nixy*

*hugs Squiggy*

if you think about it Squiggy, you didn't fair so badly ... you coulda picked up and went to her (or vice versa) and found that you just don't get on so greatly ... plus, not that I enjoy your broken heart, but your tribulation has made our friendship all that much closer :) *hug*

Squiggy

ThunderDick
You're sweet na. *hugs* ....*grope*........*hugs &amp; gropes*.......*hugs, gropes &amp; licks*...I eh...better stop. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah Squig, unfortunately mine is now over too...Thanks for the advice though.