What was the first thing that mad you feel old?

I recently realized that V2.0 has no idea how to turn on the TV or change a channel without the remote. Shit, I WAS my dad's remote.

Uki Chick said:
The thing that makes me feel the oldest usually is when I'm teaching dance class and the kids are arguing about who's the oldest (5-6 age group) and then they turn to me and ask how old I am. One kid went as far as saying "miss, you're old". I wanted to hide and cry.

Five and six year olds think that 20 is old.

Uki Chick said:
No, 5 and 6 year olds think 30 is old.

But I bet if you asked them if 20 is old they'd say yes. My cousins who are 4 and 6 think I'm absolutely ancient. Pretty much if someone can drive they think they're super old.

Recently...

My friend has a cousin who operates a pool hall. You have to be at least 21 to get in. But I was allowed in anyways due to my friend's cousin.

When we got in my friend told his cousin, "See? He looks 21" And he says, "*laughs* He looks 16!"

Oh wait, this is about what makes you feel OLD. :p

Gotholic said:
Recently...

My friend has a cousin who operates a pool hall. You have to be at least 21 to get in. But I was allowed in anyways due to my friend's cousin.

When we got in my friend told his cousin, "See? He looks 21" And he says, "*laughs* He looks 16!"

Oh wait, this is about what makes you feel OLD. :p

Has anyone told you to fuck off today yet?

Soft Cell's "Tainted Love" is the latest of the "my days" songs to be sampled. My kids couldn't believe I knew the words ...

I've heard 7 remakes of "Killing Me Softly", and still own the original on 45.

My oldest baby is gonna be 19 next week.
The middle baby is now the official in-house big brother at 14.
My baby will be 13 in less than 2 months.

I got a call a few days ago about our 20th High School Reunion coming up in June.

I don't *feel* old til I realize how *old* I am .. and then I think what my parents were doing when they were my age .. they were such grownups :D

A group called the Ataris did a remake of Boys of Summer a couple years ago. I argued for hours with my daughter that they didn't write it, that it was actually Don Henley, and that he was an original member of a band called the Eagles.

"The Eagles? That's a stupid name for a band"

Sigh....

I think the first time was the first grey hairs though, that or playing football with my brothers and feeling like I got run over by a truck the next day.

Can't say there has been a definitve moment that has made me feel particularly old. Guess I am still waiting for it. Perhaps it helps that people are forever mistaking me for a 21 year old :D

PT said:
A group called the Ataris did a remake of Boys of Summer a couple years ago. I argued for hours with my daughter that they didn't write it, that it was actually Don Henley, and that he was an original member of a band called the Eagles.

"The Eagles? That's a stupid name for a band"

Sigh....

I think the first time was the first grey hairs though, that or playing football with my brothers and feeling like I got run over by a truck the next day.

"black Flag sticker on a cadillac"

yep, that one threw me for a loop too.

Back