What ya think about Walken?

he'd have my vote, though i do think ronnie james dio would be a better choice if he could be convinced to run.

Nah, I'll pass.

Dio is too short to see over the bulletproof podium.

If my destination is close enough, Walken is fine... but if it's a few miles away, I preder Drivin.

he is an ugly little troll, and if he wasn't on stage.. he'd still be a virgin :evileek:

*but his music is kick-ass* :hairbang:

From the website @ http://www.walken2008.com/politics.html:

These are the issues that need solutions now, and Christopher Walken is not afraid to address them. He wants his supporters and opponents to know that he is clear in his ideals and will fight to lead America to a better place.

Campaign Finance Reform:
"I believe that campaign finance is a very tough issue, with good points on both sides; but I feel, as a wealthy American, that I should have no more say than even the least fortunate American citizen. Free speech in politics is about the voices of all those who support you, not who supports you with the biggest voice."

There is nothing correct in the McCain-Feingold Act. Even McCain has stated that this is not what he intended. McCain-Feingold is the reason we have gotten nothing but trash-throwing politics since its passage. When all of the good one can say about a candidate is restricted speech then all that is left is everything bad. The 527s have proven that.

Military Funding:
"I am a huge supporter of the military. I have always thought of them as our guardians, and when our guardians are making less than the poverty line, and children are suffering because their parents decided to join the military, well, I get very upset. I feel that instead of sending billions to the Pentagon's pet projects, it should go to the troops."

So he apparently wants to give the troops a pay raise and defund the weapons with which they fight. Good plan if you want to lose the war.

Stem Cell Research:
"I'd met Chris Reeve several times before he died, and after having met him it is tough to be against [stem cell research]. I am for human knowledge and expansion of human life. If stem cells are one way to do that, I cannot support legislation to restrict this potentially life-saving research."

There has never been a single breakthrough using fetal stem cells. All of the breakthroughs which have occurred have been through the use of adult stem cells.

Sorry, but the guy's an idiot. I do like him as an actor, though.

Well, it's refreshing to hear someone address actual issues, but he's not electable. It would certainly send a statement that I think needs sending though.

Well, it's refreshing to hear someone address actual issues, but he's not electable. It would certainly send a statement that I think needs sending though.

YTrue. That is why Ron Paul resonates with lots of young people. Unfortunately, he also is unelectable and is too old to weather the storm. By the time his ideas ever catch on, the electorate will have moved on and he will have been long dead -- ahead of his time as it were.

Sorry, but the guy's an idiot. I do like him as an actor, though.

um, i think it's kinda a joke, jim. i don't think his quotes are carefully though-out policy positions.

it's not always a debate to decide the future of western civilization, dude.

:lol2:

The problem with Ron Paul is that upon any actual research whatsoever it becomes quite clear that he's just another self-righteous, bigoted nutjob who's become a bit better than most of his ilk at passing himself off to the press and the sheeple. I don't think that very many of us really want to live in Ron Paul's world.

The problem with Ron Paul is that upon any actual research whatsoever it becomes quite clear that he's just another self-righteous, bigoted nutjob who's become a bit better than most of his ilk at passing himself off to the press and the sheeple. I don't think that very many of us really want to live in Ron Paul's world.

One cannot discount the amount of money Paul has gleaned nor the age group to which he resonates. I'm not a Paul supporter but many of his ideas are mine as well. I happen to be a Constitutionalist and I would love to see this nation get back to what it was supposed to be.

You mean a country run by and for wealthy white property owners?

My, what a simplistic idea you have about this country.

I would like to see a return to the way it was when the voters were those who actually owned land and had a vested interest in this country. Once the vote was given to everyone -- which is NOT a right, although you likely believe it is -- they all started voting for the one who would fill their outstretched hand the fullest.

I would like to see a return to when the Senators of this nation were elected by the individual state's legislatures. Now they are elected by those who don't even know what a senator is but "He's got a D or an R after his name so he must be my kinda guy." (ie: repeal the 17th amendment.)

There are others but I think I have filled your plate full enough for now.

I would like to see a return to when the Senators of this nation were elected by the individual state's legislatures.

so, then, little old you would not be able to vote in senatorial elections? what about other elections?

what, if anything, would qualify you to vote for president if you're not qualified to vote for a potential senator?

Back