When...

Dave said:
lol

damn lysdexia

hahaha it's funny cause both Alex AND I posted pointing out that is was "bathroom" and then I posted AGAIN saying to Tonksy that you thought she said "Bedroom" and then you STILL didn't get it :D

LOL! And I missed his confusion!
I'm not a big fan of carpet PERIOD! I like rugs. I WANT to rip out all the carpet and put in tile except for the staircase which I want to put in a decorative carpet with more of a dramatic, maybe asian, flare.
Tile is much kinder on allergies.

tonksy said:
LOL! And I missed his confusion!
I'm not a big fan of carpet PERIOD! I like rugs. I WANT to rip out all the carpet and put in tile except for the staircase which I want to put in a decorative carpet with more of a dramatic, maybe asian, flare.
Tile is much kinder on allergies.

Why not hardwood?

Nixy said:
Why not hardwood?
Money, mainly as far as the main floor is concerned. The majority of the main floor is already hardwood. It's just the livingroom and girl's playroom that are carpeted.
Upstairs it is a weight issue. The wood is too heavy.

tonksy said:
Money, mainly as far as the main floor is concerned. The majority of the main floor is already hardwood. It's just the livingroom and girl's playroom that are carpeted.
Upstairs it is a weight issue. The wood is too heavy.

Your house isn't designed so that the floors can be done with hardwood?

Damn, what kinda shotty building codes do you guys have there?

My house is hardwood from top to bottom excluding the bedrooms (they're carpet because it's not nice to step onto cold wood in the morning), the kitchen and the two upstairs bathrooms...but I live in a bungalow so the livingroom and diningroom are on the upper floor and they're hardwood.

Dave said:
i wonder if there are nice wood floors under the carpet here....

You should peek someday that your lady love is at work :D

My parents friends ripped out the carpet when they moved into their house cause it was gross...good thing they hadn't already ordered new carpet cause there was BEAUTIFUL strip hardwood underneath. They refinished it and it's fantastic.

The upstairs is a 3rd story and is all carpet. We do not believe it was designed to hold anything much heavier. That's Georgia code for you.
Dave? No such luck. I checked, at least I checked in the living room. It's sub flooring underneath

tonksy said:
The upstairs is a 3rd story and is all carpet. We do not believe it was designed to hold anything much heavier. That's Georgia code for you.
Dave? No such luck. I checked, at least I checked in the living room. It's sub flooring underneath

What kind of tiles would you be putting down then?? Vinyl tiles?

Oh, and my house is a raised bungalow so although we don't have an underground basement the hardwood is on the second level above the ground.

Nix? Apparently the weight is a secondary concern. It's the shifting or whatever. Carpet has more give.

Nixy said:
What kind of tiles would you be putting down then?? Vinyl tiles?
Yeah, they've come along way. They used to look like shit, now not so bad and again I'd have rugs.

tonksy said:
Nix? Apparently the weight is a secondary concern. It's the shifting or whatever. Carpet has more give.

Shifting of what? I would think wooden boards nailed to the subfloor would be more stabilizing if nothing else.

Dave said:
yup. whoever put the carpet in did a good job. had a tough time getting a section to peel up. :D

You better hope she doesn't trip on the loose edge when she gets home :D

Back