Whoa...drama...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SALT LAKE CITY — A gay couple say they were detained by security guards on a plaza owned by the Mormon church and later cited by police, claiming it stemmed from a kiss on the cheek.

*snip*

Aune, 28, said he gave Jones, 25, a hug and kiss and that the two were then approached by a security guard, who asked them to leave, telling them they were being inappropriate and that public displays of affection aren't allowed on the property. He said other guards arrived and the men were handcuffed.

Source...

Question...if nobody is allowed to do PDA on said property, how are these folks being unfairly targetted?

"They became argumentative and used profanity and refused to leave the property,"

Oh good. Once again, the problem is overlooked in favor of the rhetoric.

well we all know that the only motive for anyone's actions towards another person are race, age, sexual orientation, gender, and socioeconomic status. there's never a reason other than that.

What's the point of this story. Gay people do dumb shit too. And this church will put you in handcuffs if you don't get off their shit. And mormons do hate gays.

Question: These were guards, not cops right? Since when are guards allowed to handcuff and detain anyone..especially for something that is not illegal?

Aune, 28, said he gave Jones, 25, a hug and kiss and that the two were then approached by a security guard, who asked them to leave, telling them they were being inappropriate and that public displays of affection aren't allowed on the property. He said other guards arrived and the men were handcuffed.

"We asked what we were doing wrong," Aune told The Associated Press.

Church spokeswoman Kim Farah said in a statement Friday that the men were "politely asked to stop engaging in inappropriate behavior -- just as any other couple would have been."

"They became argumentative and used profanity and refused to leave the property," she said. The church did not immediately respond to a request for more comment.

So..they exchange a hug and kiss while passing through a spot... near a temple.
Then they're asked to 'stop that' and asked to leave (Which they were doing anyway when they were stopped).
Then they're handcuffed
Then they become argumentative and verbally abusive (No shit..so would I if I'd been surrounded and handcuffed for giving my wife a hug and kiss!)

Bish, try to not be so open minded that your brain falls out. If you go into a synagogue wearing a SS pin on your collar, you're being deliberately offensive and confrontational. Wearing horns and a tail are pretty frowned upon in a Catholic church. Feeling up your gay partner in a well known anti-gay establishment seems pretty deliberate too. They were being provocative, and got clipped. You know it, I know it, they know it.

And mormons do hate gays.

"Hate" in your context is nothing more than a bullshit debate-stopper word. There is a big difference between hating gays and not approving of their lifestyle. Have you ever actually met and gotten to know any Mormons?

"Hate" in your context is nothing more than a bullshit debate-stopper word. There is a big difference between hating gays and not approving of their lifestyle. Have you ever actually met and gotten to know any Mormons?

Mormons are unflappable. You could not wish for mellower people. Yes they disapprove, but I too think hate is a bit much. They may "hate" homosexual acts, but I doubt they hate much of anyone.

Don't believe me? Go hang out in Utah a while. The niceness will screw with your head.

Mormons are unflappable. You could not wish for mellower people. Yes they disapprove, but I too think hate is a bit much. They may "hate" homosexual acts, but I doubt they hate much of anyone.

Don't believe me? Go hang out in Utah a while. The niceness will screw with your head.

I was the only non-Mormon in a Mormon scout troop and my fiancee grew up Mormon.

You should've specified that the first time, then you wouldn't have to backtrack.

Seemed pretty clear that "it could be worse" and "it does get worse" were referring to worse than the same thing.

Inkara said:
There is a big difference between hating gays and not approving of their lifestyle.

When the church leads the charge to deny them equal rights, uses shock therapy to "cure" them, and says homosexuality makes men "servants of Satan forever", and even approves of violence towards I'm going to go ahead and call it hate.

Feel free to rationalize it and call it whatever you want.

Back