Winky.

Altron

Philadelphia is the fifth most populous city in the United States and the largest in population and area in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The city is coterminous with Philadelphia County.GR6 As of July 1, 2004, the population of the city was estimated at 1,470,151. Philadelphia has the third largest downtown residential population in the U.S., behind New York and Chicago. It is also the second largest city on the U.S. East Coast (after New York).

The Philadelphia metropolitan area is the fourth largest in the U.S. by the current official definition, with some 5.7 million people.

Philadelphia is one of the oldest and most historically significant cities in the United States. During part of the 18th century, the city was the second capital and most populous city of the United States. At that time, it eclipsed Boston and New York City in political and social importance, with Benjamin Franklin playing an extraordinary role in Philadelphia's rise.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
K62 said:
60 miles! Don't you ever look at your speedometer? :p

Rarely. Only when I'm on a paved road that has lines painted on it for longer than 5 minutes or so. Equates to about once a week. When I do, I notice that there ain't shit to do with km on it. This is 'Merica. We have big tanks. So we don't have to do anything metric. Except socket wrenches, and we bitch about that.

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
Rarely. Only when I'm on a paved road that has lines painted on it for longer than 5 minutes or so. Equates to about once a week. When I do, I notice that there ain't shit to do with km on it. This is 'Merica. We have big tanks. So we don't have to do anything metric. Except socket wrenches, and we bitch about that.

I dunno... looks like Mazda B-series speedometers have km on them, too...

c6_3.JPG

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
That's what them little numbers are? Hell, I thought it was like when you put more than 300 pounds on the bathroom scale...

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Sorry, but I've thought since I was a kid that it's a measure of how stupidly, blindly pigheaded we are as a nation that we don't use the metric system. We do virtually everything in day to day arithmetic in base ten except measure shit. Then we have to divide by 12 or 1320 or 8 or 16 or 144... It's just stupid, they're not even related to each other. Anyone know how many feet in a furlong????? Okay, now how many meters in a kilometer? See what I mean?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
chcr said:
Sorry, but I've thought since I was a kid that it's a measure of how stupidly, blindly pigheaded we are as a nation that we don't use the metric system. We do virtually everything in day to day arithmetic in base ten except measure shit. Then we have to divide by 12 or 1320 or 8 or 16 or 144... It's just stupid, they're not even related to each other. Anyone know how many feet in a furlong????? Okay, now how many meters in a kilometer? See what I mean?

And the last time you spoke to someone not at a horse race that used the furlong measurement was...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
chcr said:

I've been thinking that for years, I just can't come up with a reason why you guys still use the english system other than laziness.

Quick questions

How many inches are in 18933.345 miles? go grab a calculator

How many cm are in 18933.345km?.....1893334500cm ;)