2005 BBQ possibilities.

HomeLAN

Far as I know, it's still on. We've yet to decide on a definite date, but we have some time. Pool may not be open in time for Memorial day (depends on the weather), so we may want to push a little later in the summer. Suggestions?

tonksy

i could care less...but not too late...our canadian counterparts are not too crazy about 90 degree weather. do you think we should do the same as bish and paul? one day a party at your place and one day here? we can do pizza and southern food and drink a bit of beer?

HomeLAN

I think we ought to settle a date and get a head-count before getting too specific, but that's kinda what I had in mind.

Inkara1

It needs to be after May 19 for me (classes). I was thinking it might be fun to drive over there, but that depends on time off and the like. I could fly and rent a car if I had to... but I think I'd enjoy being able to listen to Sirius for a couple of days each way. Would there be enough room for me to crash somewhere, or would I need to get a room? If the latter, is there a place within reasonable range that's in the price range of a Motel 6 or thereabouts? It looks as though I'll have the financial room to make the trip this year.

HomeLAN

We can probably make room somewhere, and if not there are bunches of hotels nearby. If we get a lot of response, I'll check into getting a group rate on one of the nicer ones in the Delk Road/Windy Hill area.

Professur

Later is both better and worse for me. I'm still working on managing it. But too early makes it impossible, and too late and I'll be melting. 38 hours driving on top of that ..... And there's no way in hell to bring kids on a drive that rough .... Have to take it over several days ... that spreads to a week there and back . Unless I leave the family and bomb the run solo?

tonksy

we can offer two double beds and two singles (in the same room). also have a couch....and another double mattress.

HomeLAN

We can offer a king and some floor space. That's about it. But, as I said, plenty of hotels close by.

Professur

IF, and that's a big if (isn't it?) I can manage it, I'll either bomb the run solo (unless someone else in MTL wants to carpool) in the colt, and I'll bring a tent and air mattress. Or I'll be hauling the trailer.

Sharky

I'm flexible re: scheduling but would like to point out that traveling on a holiday weekend in Metro Atlanta is a beeyotch . . . just sayin'. :cool: