2006 BBQ Possibilities

HomeLAN

Easter weekend. I can't go anywhere. I was trying to get Unc over here on Saturday - but that may not be possible for y'all at this point.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
unclehobart said:
Tonks asks: If we come up there are we going to be eating fish this time? Are you bringing your kit to cook and various supplies?.. or are we going back to your place? Do we need to bring anything? ... or whats up?

Me: I'm allergic to lots... I will probably have to bring a good bit of my own stuff on the side and will have to miss the cornbread. Is your oil base corn? Do we need to somehow apply for a short term fishing license on this jaunt? how far from the Wendy's is said fishing spot?

Right now, the three of us are falling over one another in our temporary shelter. Theoretically, the Rebel Roost v2.0 will have ample bed down capabilities for weekend guests.

We'd eat fish if we caught enough. I have a grand tally of one in the freezer, and he's pretty much an appetizer. I hope to remedy that asap.

The cooker is stored at me folks' place, again due to space limitations. Not a big deal to retrieve it though.

I use canola oil.

One day fishing licenses are available. Five bucks I think. Trout permits are higher, but I don't know how much.

Said fishing hole would be about 20-30 minutes from the exit. I'd meet folks at the exit though, as Greeneville is not much more than a wide place in the road that thinks it's a town. Plus, I'm a typical Southerner...I know where I'm going, so I don't need to know the names of the roads. :D

We might be better off putting a fishing/hiking/BS swapping weekend together and actually doing some planning for it.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Ya know...come to think...isn't there a recreation area somewhere near Chattanooga called Calderwood or something like that? That'd be purt near halfway betwixt us, right?

Slim Pickens

SouthernN'Proud said:
Ya know...come to think...isn't there a recreation area somewhere near Chattanooga called Calderwood or something like that? That'd be purt near halfway betwixt us, right?

Where are you?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I've now found the first thing about this summer I am NOT looking forward to. All the freedoms that a job will bring have had me like a kid waiting for Christmas...but I will not beable to make the BBQ (as I have said) since I'm sure I won't have any vaca time and will still be saving to pay back my loan...and ya'll make it sound so fun :mope:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:

Oh hush up, you're the one who agreed to put up with me for a whole weekend, and I'm going to do my damndest to make sure it's a long weekend :p

tonksy

SouthernN'Proud said:
Right now, the three of us are falling over one another in our temporary shelter. Theoretically, the Rebel Roost v2.0 will have ample bed down capabilities for weekend guests.

We'd eat fish if we caught enough. I have a grand tally of one in the freezer, and he's pretty much an appetizer. I hope to remedy that asap.

The cooker is stored at me folks' place, again due to space limitations. Not a big deal to retrieve it though.

I use canola oil.

One day fishing licenses are available. Five bucks I think. Trout permits are higher, but I don't know how much.

Said fishing hole would be about 20-30 minutes from the exit. I'd meet folks at the exit though, as Greeneville is not much more than a wide place in the road that thinks it's a town. Plus, I'm a typical Southerner...I know where I'm going, so I don't need to know the names of the roads. :D

We might be better off putting a fishing/hiking/BS swapping weekend together and actually doing some planning for it.
I don't believe we'd require lodging if you still want to do it saturday. We just don't wanna fish all day and not eat :D
Whatever works out best for you guys. We just don't have chillin this weekend so our comings and goings are much freer.

Slim Pickens

Yes, because said chillun will be chillin' with Daddy and Ra-Ra on Daddy's b'day...prolly w/ Su-Sue and Paw-Paw Cal, and/or Poppa and Le-Lee...I'm not sure, but I know Red has something cookin'...

simplyred

Slim Pickens said:
Yes, because said chillun will be chillin' with Daddy and Ra-Ra on Daddy's b'day...prolly w/ Su-Sue and Paw-Paw Cal, and/or Poppa and Le-Lee...I'm not sure, but I know Red has something cookin'...

Stop your guessing you're way off base :D

Professur

Nixy said:
Oh hush up, you're the one who agreed to put up with me for a whole weekend, and I'm going to do my damndest to make sure it's a long weekend :p
Any weekend with you is gonna be a loooooong weekend. Why not just make it a full week?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Any weekend with you is gonna be a loooooong weekend. Why not just make it a full week?

ooooh ouch, *covers heart with hand* I've been shot! *falls over in overly dramatic fashion*

Once again, the work thing will get in the way of anything longer than a weekend. I figure if i can't swing a long weekend I may ask for a Monday off later in the summer and drive Friday night to get there Sat morning and then hang out all Sunday and leave Monday morning to drive home. Oh, that's right, I've been thinking about it and if at all possible I will be coming :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
What work?

If I ain't got a job I won't have the money or the car to come see you...so, therefore me coming to see you is dependent on me having a job and thus the time I could spend there is dependent on when I have time off (ie a weekend)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
If that's an example of the english used on your cover letters, I won't expect you too soon, then.

My coverletters are awesome, I've been told so by more than one HR person (although they didn't use the term awesome, they used "very good")...and I'll have a job.