Ain't gun control wonderful???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBishop

No, it wouldn't ... because criminals don't use legal guns anyhow.

And where, pray tell, are they getting all these guns? Could it be that they're taking them from the people who thought that having a gun in their home would protect them? Nah..can't be.

MrBishop

And what assumption is that? That you're going to go rabid hulk on them like you proposed in that ancient thread I once made?

Not it... though I still think that I have better odds going Hulk on them than you do going Rambo on them.

MrBishop

According to your post up a couple, that was two fewer successful crimes. That's a win in my book.
Balance that number against the number of accidental gun deaths (particularly for children and toddlers) and get back to me about that win.

catocom

Responsible gun owners have their firearms correctly stowed away, unloaded and in a different location than the bullets. Stops the kidlets from playing with the firearms, right?

So..on the off chance that you're home and someone breaks in, how quickly can you get to your secured firearms, load'em and use them against someone who wants to stop you?

If the guns are ready at hand...on your hip are you're walking around the house (however unlikely that may be) or on the coffee-table next to you, or in your bedside desk (both rather unsecure locations), you should fall under the 25% of gun owners that get to use your gun against an aggressor..if you're the type of person to be able to shoot at another human being. Not everyone is..in fact, most aren't...it takes special training to get over the natural repulsion of hurting/killing another human being. Most will just aim and bluster, or fire off a warning shot.

If you are not home, and someone breaks in..you're going to lose that gun. It's easier to walk away with than a TV, a stereo, a bunch of CDs etc...and they'll fetch more money on the black market.

Your best form of self-defense/property defense at home? A dog...doesn't even have to be a big dog, just a noisy one.

there are times when I lock it up, but not always.
Depends on if I have it in reach, or hidden for very short periods.
All my rifles stay in a safe.

Professur

Balance that number against the number of accidental gun deaths (particularly for children and toddlers) and get back to me about that win.

I'm afraid I have to dispute the term accidental gun death. That's an excuse for lacking what I posted before ... education and personal control. The gun is no more the danger than a can of spray paint, wasp bomb, drano, windex, matches, cutlery, lawnmower, carkeys, or a ball resting at the top of a flight of stairs.

Now compare for me the number of deaths caused by all of them against the number of 'accidental gun deaths' and you get back to me on it.

Frodo

So, you feel that since these things are responsible for millions of accidental deaths, used to murder people, commit crimes etc.. they should be banned. Perhaps you feel that the manufacturer should be held accountable for the misuse of their product. Perhaps the US should appologize for the millions of these things that are stolen and end up killing people in other countries. Wait, you were talking about cars, weren't you? Or, don't you care about those deaths?

ResearchMonkey

And where, pray tell, are they getting all these guns? Could it be that they're taking them from the people who thought that having a gun in their home would protect them? Nah..can't be.
And prey tell, where do all those criminals get those stolen cars they use to commit drive-by's, robbery's and use in high-speed chases where sometimes people get killed. -- outlaw those dangerous cars.

Where do those drunk drivers get the alcohol they drink before they kill someone? --outlaw bars and liquor stores.

Makes perfect sense to me.

MrBishop

So, you feel that since these things are responsible for millions of accidental deaths, used to murder people, commit crimes etc.. they should be banned. Perhaps you feel that the manufacturer should be held accountable for the misuse of their product. Perhaps the US should appologize for the millions of these things that are stolen and end up killing people in other countries. Wait, you were talking about cars, weren't you? Or, don't you care about those deaths?

Banned? No...controlled and registered...much like cars, eh.

Yeah man you can't even get cop killers anymore!

I got a 120mm mortar to decorate the lawn but damn If I can find any ammo, I guess I'll have to make my own!

Thank god gas an dish detergent are easy to come by! Nothing the the smell of homemade napalm in the mornin'

(I know about all these things, RM let out my secret!)

valkyrie

Here's a little anecdote:

When I was a freshman in high school, there was this senior named Jeremy Snow and this sophomore named Sam Atkins. Sam had been spreading rumors that Jeremy was gay, so Jeremy drove Sam out into the country, shot him and ran him over with his truck. (Jeremy already owned the gun but Wal-Mart got in trouble for selling him the ammo because he was still 17.) I'm curious... if we had taken the gun out of the hands of Jeremy, would he have just let Sam spread the gay rumors? Would he have stabbed him and ran him over with his truck? Would he have strangled him and ran him over with his truck?
The gun was just one of many available methods for this obviously gay teen (Jeremy) to commit his crime against Sam (who was obviously also gay). Perhaps Jeremy used the gun and the threat of this gun to get Sam into the truck in the first place, but Jeremy could have hit Sam over the head and put him in the back of the truck, trussed up like a turkey, only to dump him into a field and beat his brains in with a baseball bat. The possibilities are endless.

Just get some of those red white and blue missile pops the ice cream guy sells to your kids!

Much more devastating then tuber projectiles! Cold and sticky too! The taste pretty good as well!

Kruz

Wow, you can actually find quality ammo?

I've of "load party" 's as being a new thing that people are having fun doing. Testing fresh rounds on site with friends.

went to my local wally world Sunday and asked if they still carry handgun ammo...
old guy behind the counter said "we don't carry it anymore since the incident last November." took me a few seconds to figure out what he meant :retard:

Status
Not open for further replies.