Changes

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Use the rent-free time to save $$ for a house or summit. Not very often in life you'll get another rent-free opportunity like that.

Yeah, that's the plan. Or depending on how much I can save and what I decide to do I may pay off my car and start saving that extra monthly money for a house (if I don't plan to buy in the next few years). We'll see.

chcr

Too cute for words
just my two bits. After the 6 in Calgary ... why not take the next in Vancouver straight away. Get in both and then you've three 'local personalities' to decide from. You're the perfect age to get out and explore the world.

Excellent advice. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Actually, the HR guy asked my today if I'd want to go to Vancouver if their immediate need was greater...I told him not as much as I want to go to Calgary.

I've learned that I have to voice how I feel or else people will push me around and think that I'm ok with it...but at the same time I need to avoid definate no statements so I don't look stubborn.

I honestly have no desire to live in Vancouver at this point in time. Calgary has appealed to me for awhile...I get the feeling I'd fit in there...I'm not so much into the skiing and such that is the culture of BC.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, meeting tomorrow with the HR guy and my boss...fingers crossed everyone!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Uncross them. The boss may be a non-denominational almost Chrsitian who dislikes the traditional visuals of the Church. Or Muslim.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Crossing ones fingers is religous??

He's not muslim.

Oh, and I found out today that it seems there's only me and one other guy going for Calgary and he's not able to go until January...and they're sending one or two per office so I should get to go for sure and he may also get to go.

unclehobart

I'd help you move... but the gas expense... yeesh.

The less said about the 6 days of driving the better.

Wow... so now you start packing, eh? Whats the ETA on all of this? Hopefully you get settled out before first snow.