Changes

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I've managed to make myself pretty indisposable (not entirely by accident) it seems...but they're still letting me transfer offices because it's what I want to do. They do their best to keep everyone in the company as happy as possible and they try to facilitate each individual person's desired career path. It's really super cool.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They just want you to land there & not have time to change your mind before winter sets in.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
They just want you to land there & not have time to change your mind before winter sets in.

I'm commited to 6 months, even if I hated it I'd be sticking around for 6 months. People don't always have an alterior motive.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
They may, however, have an ulterior one ;P

Oh hush!

BTW...has anyone seen Prof? If it wasn't so early I'd give him a call but I'm pretty certain he isn't at work yet...and I'm pretty certain noone else in his house would appreciate me calling at this time in the morning (even though if he's there he's likely awake).

POStech

Except now I actually DO live in Toronto...that used to be a double whammy, a jab at me AND Leslie...now it's just a jab at Les.

What's wrong with TO? You know I live here too!

BTW it's a 4 hour flight to Calgary. I've been there about 7 times for work (the first 3 of those I didn't even get out of the airport because that's were my install was)

Go see the Calgary Flames play. I was there for the season opener last year against Edmonton. Freakin awsome. Funny side story I forgot to change the time on my watch when I got to Calgary so I showed up at the arena at 5pm rather than 7pm.

It's a beautiful drive to Banff.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
But we don't live in Toronto.

I lived in Scarborough for awhile, but that was a looooooooong time ago.

Stop Laughing

Granted, you are now a knockoff of Nintendo's Wii. Oops, wrong thread. :D

Congrats on your career advancement! :)

I hope to be having one myself in the near future...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So...the day is FAST approaching! I believe I should have internet the day I move in...that would be SWEET.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
7.5 hours and my plane will be taking off...I am overcome with so many emotions I don't even know how to process them all.

unclehobart

I don't recall if we've covered this before... buuuut:

Did the company line you up a place to live, or was that all up to you?
Do you know the city at all? Was there anyone to tell you where the good and bad parts of town were? Whom is going to be on the other end to help you unload all of your stuff? When is your first day on the job? Have you actually met your future coworkers yet? What if you freak out and want out.. is there a provision for you to come home? ... are you on the hook for some of the relocation costs for a certain period of time if you quickly depart from the company?