Clean up your own backyard first

jimpeel

I wouldn't call it harmless, but safer for sure.

Give the kids access to ALL the information push abstinence all you want but let those kids who are not going to be abstinent know the real dangers and the ways to make it safer.

I know a bunch of you are anti-abortion, and anti-welfare etc. Teaching a few kids about condoms will in the end decrease abortions and young mothers who get hooked into the welfare system.

Like my momma always said, if you can't be good, be careful, and if you can't be careful, name it after me.

Um, I think that's "don't name it after me".

markjs

Banned
Logic, scientific study, facts, hell they all get in the way of the conservative agenda, so who need them?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Makes a good case AGAINST intelligent design, if god existed and wanted only post marital sex, wedding cake would activate sex drives. (instead of vice-versa)

spike

Abstinence works every time it's tried.

No abstinence-only education fails every time it's tried. It's been shown to actually increase STDs and pregnancy in many cases because those who are taught abstinence only often don't use protection when they have sex.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
lil Johnny, if you use that at the improper time, your life will be planned for the next 18 years. You will be responsible for the life of another. Every action, and inaction, will result in a lesson being taught. YOu will have no privacy & virtually no life since you chose to give it over to aother.

So when, exactly, is the proper time? My take is after you've become self-sufficient. If you're still living with the rents, you shouldn't be engaging in risky behavior. ;)

catocom

I thought lying was against God's laws.

All lying is not equal.

Bearing false witness carries a higher penalty than say laying by abstinence to keep from hurting.
(at least within the faith in which I believe.)

Bearing false (against anouther person) witness is a sin, and one of the ten commandment laws.

Aunty Em

All lying is not equal.

Bearing false witness carries a higher penalty than say laying by abstinence to keep from hurting.
(at least within the faith in which I believe.)

Bearing false (against anouther person) witness is a sin, and one of the ten commandment laws.

I don't make any distinction, to me a lie is a lie... and isn't giving false information bearing false witness to the truth?

catocom

In my understand of the interpretation, telling a lie about someone else,
and telling a lie about some "thing" is different in that there is a transgression.

I strife to be as truthful as possible, but IMO there are times when it is more
hurtful, than helpful.

I will say this.
Lying is dangerous. It can, and does in most cases lead to delusion, if a person
is extreme with it.
I've seen people that have lied so much they don't know what the truth is half the time.
That's sad.

Aunty Em

In my understand of the interpretation, telling a lie about someone else,
and telling a lie about some "thing" is different in that there is a transgression.

I strife to be as truthful as possible, but IMO there are times when it is more
hurtful, than helpful.

I will say this.
Lying is dangerous. It can, and does in most cases lead to delusion, if a person
is extreme with it.
I've seen people that have lied so much they don't know what the truth is half the time.
That's sad.

Then IMHO it is better not to make a habit of telling lies regardless of whether they be about a person or thing.