Clean up your own backyard first

Aunty Em

Her..."Do I look fat in this?"
(she weighs 174 lbs)

Him....

Now, this is where women and men differ... if I really think something doesn't suit a friend I'll try to steer her towards something that does, by complemementing her on how well I thought the colour or cut would suit her. I wouldn't lie and say she looks great in something if she doesn't, but I wouldn't hurt her feelings either... it's called deplomacy.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Now, this is where women and men differ... if I really think something doesn't suit a friend I'll try to steer her towards something that does, by complemementing her on how well I thought the colour or cut would suit her. I wouldn't lie and say she looks great in something if she doesn't, but I wouldn't hurt her feelings either... it's called deplomacy.

So a lie of omission? ;)

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

When your friend asks your advice, she's looking for help. When she asks her husbands, she's looking for a complment, not "it's not the dress"

markjs

Banned
Nothing is absolute, except, perhaps, that nothing is absolute....

....And it's another fine day in paradox....