Garden Decor

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
My bro's yard up in Blue Ridge has a bunch of blueberries. He makes some damn good pies every year.

They're my mom's favourite so I figure being able to go out in her backyard and pick a few anytime she wants is a good gift :)

Professur

Um, that's not completely true. Actually, your bush will only be ripe for picking for about a month out of the entire year.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Um, that's not completely true. Actually, your bush will only be ripe for picking for about a month out of the entire year.

Well fine but still

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
I think it's a wonderful, perfect idea for a gift.

She asked for a hair straightener...but if I can afford the blueberry bushes I think she's gonna have to buy the hair straightener herself or wait til her birthday (which is aug and I'll prolly still be living home then so she can use mine til then :D )

Inkara1

Professur said:

DAMN, I need to get my mind out of the gutter... :rofl4:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
DAMN, I need to get my mind out of the gutter... :rofl4:

Actually I believe he intended for it to have 2 meanings...as well as his post before that one. I just chose to ignore the double meaning.

catocom

My neighbor that just died, his daughter, grow Blueberries to sell each year.
I like Blackberries, and grapes/muscadines better myself.
I've still got about 4 pints each of grape, and blackberry jelly left from
3 years ago when we made a butt-load of um.:D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
dude, if you can't tell the difference between a bush an a shrubbery, you really need to put that tongue away.

Are you implying shrubbery is male?