Gonz, SnP, and others who don't like what we're becoming...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
I'd rather not use anything, but who knows where you boys have been. :lol2:

Plus, I'm not exactly down with being pregnant. I like my waistline the way it is.

I'm outraged. I don't just dip my wick willy-nilly all over the countryside. :nono: I tend to be very picky...If I have any doubts, I'll use a cotton swab, a microscope, and a slide before I get kicked to the curb for being insensitive...;)

abooja

So, then...blood tests all around should do the trick.

They won't tell me anything about your various abilities, but one of you is bound to know what he's doing. :p

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
So, then...blood tests all around should do the trick.

They won't tell me anything about your various abilities, but one of you is bound to know what he's doing. :p

Just bend over, and enjoy the ride... :D

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
:blow:

You should know better than to open your mouth when the discussion is about sex...:p
That wasn't unintentional.

This is what I like so much about our Constitution. Do unto others... ;)

ResearchMonkey

Gato_Solo said:
The idea is to seperate ourselves out...and you folks are all inviting the very things we want to avoid back in.

Ah, but the world still exist. Having the abilty to hit the OFF switch makes for a fine arrangement (only if my kids off-switches and volume controls).

Call me fickle, but I would want many of the modern comforts. Electricity, Combustion engines, and toxic chemicals, and a chainsaw or two.

I could easily live in a small island community for a number of years; I would however need a conection to the world if for nothing else, to educate my children so they could one day leave paradise and see the rest of the fucked-upworld :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
abooja said:
Hell, I'll pitch in too. Just nothing in south Asia, please. :smoke:

Reconsider. This is the first tsunami in the Indian Ocean since the 1800s. Looks safe for the next 3 generations, at least.

ResearchMonkey

I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard to builds subterranean tsunami-shelters with a 3/4-snorkeled entrance. Using cinder-blocks and polymers to prevent the air from leaking-out while its underwater.

Place a few of 'em in strategic places. Like on your beach, another under your hut.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Sharky said:
Well, we're gonna need some hooch. SnP, will ya give me a hand building a still? :drink:

Can do. Some corn and some sugar cane will be required, the rest is a one time expense for some tubs and copper wire and such. I got th' recipe righ' cheer! :drink:

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Can do. Some corn and some sugar cane will be required, the rest is a one time expense for some tubs and copper wire and such. I got th' recipe righ' cheer! :drink:

Don't forget the mason jars. ;) Oh, and for those of you contruction-minded, I hear it makes an excellent paint remover.

*Actually, white plastic gallon milk jugs seem to be the container of choice around here nowadays.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I still see Mason jars most often. They're still handy enough as most of us still can vegetables at home. Now, we might take it out of the jar and pour it into, oh, say an empty vodka bottle for when we put it in the kitchen cabinet so the neighbors won't know what we got...

A still is really very simple to set up. With modern advancements, I could brew right in my outshed without a soul knowing what I was doing. Not that I ever would...

unclehobart

We could require mandatory vasectomies for new arrivals and nip the whole pregnancy thing in the ... the.. um.. sack.

Were back to talking about cinderblocks, mason jars, stills ... god knows what else. Still thinking that we can live without the odd resupply effort?

The first trick is deciding geographical location. Then we have to work out the financing.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
We could require mandatory vasectomies for new arrivals and nip the whole pregnancy thing in the ... the.. um.. sack.

Not interested in perpetuation then?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
unclehobart said:

Were back to talking about cinderblocks, mason jars, stills ... god knows what else. Still thinking that we can live without the odd resupply effort?

The first trick is deciding geographical location. Then we have to work out the financing.

Once the basic hardware is acquired, the shine is all natural. Corn, sugar cane, water...

Why do we need a financial system? Barter for goods and "services" should suffice.