Gonz, SnP, and others who don't like what we're becoming...

unclehobart

I will have to make beer as I am allergic to corn... or wine ... or some form of rice liquor. Sake?

Fuck it ... I'll just start raising 30 varities of hot peppers and olives. Gotta make the odd pizza now and then.

OopsA'Daisy

Fuck it would be right...olives are an aphrodisiac. I think then the schedule would be sex, work, eat, sex, nap, sex, eat, sex, .........

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
Not interested in perpetuation then?

That's a stateside thing. The kids need to find out firsthand what the complaints are all about then they can find their own damned island.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
That's a stateside thing. The kids need to find out firsthand what the complaints are all about then they can find their own damned island.
unc said:
We could require mandatory vasectomies for new arrivals and nip the whole pregnancy thing in the ... the.. um.. sack.

I think if you do the math you see that at some point there will no longer be any children. ;)

abooja

Mandatory vasectomies, eh? I've been asleep a while. Well, that'll take care of pregnancies, but what about other women's...issues? Hope we're not using leaves for that too. :sick2:

tonksy

abooja said:
Mandatory vasectomies, eh? I've been asleep a while. Well, that'll take care of pregnancies, but what about other women's...issues? Hope we're not using leaves for that too. :sick2:
what we'll do is bring a large amount of depo provera shots to be dispersed 4 times a year then, bob's yer uncle, no periods.

unclehobart

I don't see how. With the ovaries intact you should still only be getting estrogen. Unless something freaky happens with partial hysterectomies that I am unaware of.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
With only a handful of eligible ladies afoot, you think a little facial hair is gonna get in the way?

People survived these natural occurances long before Tampax became a publicly traded company. I'm sure we'll get by.

OK, we got the hunter/gatherer/farming society in place for food. Water is a naturally occurring given. Shelter we can manage. We have the division of labor suitably tended to thus avoiding one major sourse of stress. With the isolation, most social factors are aleviated. Sounds like our combination Survivor/Real World utopian commune is well on its way. Who among us is adept at such matters as herbology for the extracation of needed plant materials, such as basic remedies and/or hygeine extracts? I know my way around a garden well enough, though somebody might think to smuggle a couple of garden hoes (no pun intended) along to ease the task of groundbreaking. Do we have in our midst an enterprising soul capable of fashioning rudimentary buckets and the like? Do we need to recruit any specific talents that may become vital, such as the above mentioned herbologist or medicinal background? Are we content to survive on what foods the island may provide, or do we smuggle in a small manageable herd of animals for food source and keep them propogating? A feller's gotta know these things...I can keep a few cattle, chickens, pigs etc if we decide to go that way. (And y'all thought we country folk didn't have any useful skills. Pah.)

abooja

If we do decide to bring livestock with us, we should bring them in pairs so they can do it too. Oh, yeah. And they can propagate. :D

I've never fashioned a bucket before, but I am good with my hands and, considering you're probably not going to let me work the still or try my hand at extracting herbal goodness, maybe this can be my contribution. Of course, I think my skills would be better used elsewhere...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Our system is all for one, and one for all. We should make allowances for natural talents I think. I know I could never make a bucket, but I have experience in gardening and livestock, and probably have a leg up on distilling techniques. Apprentices are always welcome though...remember that barter system...

Otherwise, we are all gonna hafta learn to do new things, or learn to do without them.