Gonz, SnP, and others who don't like what we're becoming...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
abooja said:
Are you sure? I'll be a bloody mess. :sick3:

Nothing a bit of water and home-made soap couldn't fix...:grinyes:...I wouldn't suggest anything but water for you, though. Lye can do evil things to interior tissue...

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
Nothing a bit of water and home-made soap couldn't fix...:grinyes:...I wouldn't suggest anything but water for you, though. Lye can do evil things to interior tissue...
What are we making soap out of, the flesh of the newly dead? :hmm:

Gato_Solo

abooja said:
What are we making soap out of, the flesh of the newly dead? :hmm:

Fish oil, for one...coconut/palm oils also make a good base. You'd still need to get some lye from ash, though. The dead are best used for fertilizer, if not cremated. I know that sounds kind of gross, but it's completely natural...unless we've got some folks here that are 'surgically enhanced'...;)

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
The dead are best used for fertilizer, if not cremated. I know that sounds kind of gross, but it's completely natural...unless we've got some folks here that are 'surgically enhanced'...;)
Not yet. ;)

Wondering who will die first... :evilcool:

Gato_Solo

abooja said:

*looking at your pic*

Looks good to me. Young, tender, tasty. No need for additives, or preservatives. Trust me. I've been staring at pretty women since before you could walk...:D

abooja said:

Thank you for bringing up such a terrible subject. While you're at it, why not give me a paper cut, and pour lemon juice on it...:p

unc said:
rendered hog fat and wood ash. tis soap of the last century.[/unc]

You don't want to have hogs on the island...trust me...they're filthy, they stink, and they can get very mean. That's why I suggested the fish oil, or palm/coconut oil. ;)

abooja

I appreciate the compliment, Gato, but it's undeserved. Also, you're not that much older than I am. I look younger than I actually am. But thanks. :blush:

As for the hogs, as long as I don't have to kill them, I'm all for them because, as Tonks well knows, PORK FAT RULES!!! :headbang:

Gato_Solo

abooja said:
I appreciate the compliment, Gato, but it's undeserved. Also, you're not that much older than I am. I look younger than I actually am. But thanks. :blush:

As for the hogs, as long as I don't have to kill them, I'm all for them because, as Tonks well knows, PORK FAT RULES!!! :headbang:

Oh really? The mind doth boggle at the thought. I wouldn't put you a day over 32...How do you stay so young-looking, when I aged like cheap wine? :confused:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
abooja said:

Sorry but it won't be me. I plan to live forever (raising hell evey step of the way).

Gato...put it back in your pants or get a room :D

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
I wouldn't put you a day over 32...How do you stay so young-looking, when I aged like cheap wine? :confused:
Clean living? :p Nah, I took that photo myself (in the mirror) around this past March, so it's nice and blurry. And you're not too far off in your age guesstimate. ;)

But enough about me. Let's get to eating some pork!
eat.gif

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
unclehobart said:
rendered hog fat and wood ash. tis soap of the last century.

Made that a few times with my grandmother before she passed. Lye soap is a bit harsh, but you get used to it in time. I don't recommend it for hair washing though. Long story.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Hogs are among the most useful animals to have on a farm. Very little waste, and very little bother.

Pork is approximately 628 times cleaner than poultry. If you knew what really was in chicken meat, you'd never eat it. Chickens are nasty creatures. Hogs, on the other hand, are incredibly clean once skinned.

Just, you know, in case anybody was wondering...or maybe reading this while munching some McNuggets or something...

Gato_Solo

SouthernN'Proud said:
Hogs are among the most useful animals to have on a farm. Very little waste, and very little bother.

Pork is approximately 628 times cleaner than poultry. If you knew what really was in chicken meat, you'd never eat it. Chickens are nasty creatures. Hogs, on the other hand, are incredibly clean once skinned.

Just, you know, in case anybody was wondering...or maybe reading this while munching some McNuggets or something...

Already knew that about chickens. Cannibalistic, too. Hogs, though cleaner, are much more dangerous...hence the avoidance of hogs. Plus hog farming is much more intensive than poultry, and takes up much more room...unless we're going to get that humongous island...and then, we've got to import cement for the floor of the hog pen (sty). Easier to wash the 'detrious' off into a trough for making fertilizer, and skimming methane for a generator...unless we decide to go straight 'wind power'...So many decisions...Since this is all fantasy anyway, we've also got to get a bit more into necessities instead of niceties...A small group of humans doesn't require as much as most of us think.

Basic requirements...

1. Shelter. Do we want huts, shacks, bungaloes, or something extravagant.
2. Food. Self-explanatory. If it moves, and doesn't think of us as food, it's food for us. The only worry we really have is what plants are edible, and we can take care of that by bringing in our own seed stock.
3. Clothing. The weather ain't always nice, and I, for one, don't want to be walking around with my willie hanging out in gale-force winds.

Add as it becomes necessary...

1. Power generation...so we can have some of our 'goodies'
2. Telecommunications...so we can have contact with the outside if it becomes necessary
3. Income...to pay those pesky taxes once a year so we can keep our island

Anything else?

Gato_Solo

SouthernN'Proud said:
You mean virgin sacrifice is no longer acceptable tender? Gawd, I gotta get out more often...

With the people we've got moving onto the island? Unless you're talking child sacrifice, of course...:tardbang:

Gato_Solo

Gonz said:
Gato...put it back in your pants or get a room :D

:hmm: Spoilsport. Besides...it's only a little, honest, flirtation. If she wasn't tied to the bed, my fiancee would've left long ago... :lol2: