Gonz, SnP, and others who don't like what we're becoming...

unclehobart

Well.. that sounds good for you wimmins what aint got no boy parts... but I just don't relish the thought of a nice simmering plate of Rocky Mountain Oysters ala Gato. ;)

Is it too late to buy an island next to a pizza joint?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Plenty of fish and, if it's tropical, we'll have plenty of plant life. No need to resort to cannibalism. ;)

unclehobart

Gato_Solo said:
Plenty of fish and, if it's tropical, we'll have plenty of plant life. No need to resort to cannibalism. ;)
Besides.. from what I hear about you ebony hued lads... a plate of Rocky Mountain Gato could feed a small nation.

abooja

Ok, ok. The only time you'll have to eat Gato is if we use him as fertilizer.

Jeez, some people are so closed-minded. :choclate:

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
Besides.. from what I hear about you ebony hued lads... a plate of Rocky Mountain Gato could feed a small nation.

Feeling the pressure already, unc? :rofl4:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Speaking only for myself, and trusting in the ages old stereotype, I don't wanna be walking beside him in gale force winds with his willy hanging out.

Gato_Solo

SouthernN'Proud said:
Speaking only for myself, and trusting in the ages old stereotype, I don't wanna be walking beside him in gale force winds with his willy hanging out.

Ahem. I do not pass out when I get 'cumbersome'...and, all kidding aside, I just know how to work what I've got. :p

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
Ahem. I do not pass out when I get 'cumbersome'...and, all kidding aside, I just know how to work what I've got. :p
Apparently. :p
Gato_Solo said:
It's not the size of the boat...and it ain't the motion of the ocean. It's the size of the canal the boat's got to go through.

Gato_Solo

abooja said:
Apparently. :p

Trust me...you don't want to take an aircraft carrier through the Erie canal any more than you want to take a rowboat through the Panama canal. ;)

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
Trust me...you don't want to take an aircraft carrier through the Erie canal any more than you want to take a rowboat through the Panama canal. ;)
Hmm, you've used this analogy twice today... :alienhuh:

Gato_Solo

abooja said:
So, are you guys going to be sporting loin cloths, or what? :glasses3:

Depends. What do you want? :brow:

BTW...As long as we're dreaming...here's a really nice place. Already has housing, too...:D

Professur

Gato_Solo said:
Plus hog farming is much more intensive than poultry, and takes up much more room...unless we're going to get that humongous island...and then, we've got to import cement for the floor of the hog pen (sty).

Why the hell are you farming them? Let the damn things run. It's an island. It's not like they're going anywhere. Animals are only really dirty (disease) when they're farmed. Throw in some large fowl, rabbits, and let the damn things feed themselves. It's not like they're going to be hard to find when you get the munchies.

You people obviously haven't thought this through very well. To start with, you'll need an island at least as large as Gilligan's, just to have a steady supply of fresh water. Farming is dead easy, if you stick to tubers. Salt's not such an issue for them. Several types of seaweed will suffice for the vitamin C requirements.

But weather is gonna be your biggest problem. Finding an uninhabitted island is relatively easy, but all the best ones are already taken. What's left is either in hurricane alley, or too damn cold. The cold ones are gonna take a much higher technology base than you're preparing.

Gato_Solo

Professur said:
Why the hell are you farming them? Let the damn things run. It's an island. It's not like they're going anywhere. Animals are only really dirty (disease) when they're farmed. Throw in some large fowl, rabbits, and let the damn things feed themselves. It's not like they're going to be hard to find when you get the munchies.

You people obviously haven't thought this through very well. To start with, you'll need an island at least as large as Gilligan's, just to have a steady supply of fresh water. Farming is dead easy, if you stick to tubers. Salt's not such an issue for them. Several types of seaweed will suffice for the vitamin C requirements.

But weather is gonna be your biggest problem. Finding an uninhabitted island is relatively easy, but all the best ones are already taken. What's left is either in hurricane alley, or too damn cold. The cold ones are gonna take a much higher technology base than you're preparing.

Most of the islands for sale have their own fresh water. The problems you mentioned won't be real issues unless you bring in too much technology. While rabbits and large fowl are a nice idea, you're talking about fu(king up an entire eco-system. Look at Australia, and their problems with rabbits, mice, and rats, and you'll get the picture. Perhaps you've put so much thought into your 'stuff', you've forgotten one very important thing...FOOD GROWS EVERYWHERE! Just because you don't recognize the significance, that doesn't mean you've got to give up. I've been to the areas I've been dreaming of...and, yes, this is just fantasy, and I could not only survive, but thrive with a small community of people who don't know....and, yes, even show them what to pick, and when to pick it. :eek:

Professur

The mere presense of man is gonna toast whatever ecosystem is present. And the food present there might be food, but not necessarily people food. You need to bring in some things to convert the stuff we can't already eat into something we can. But you're right, ixnay the wabbits. But we do need some type of fast breeder and a long chain sugar converter. Humans simply can't digest that with only one stomach. Unless you want to subsist on a mostly fish diet?

Now, *rubs hands* what area are you dreaming of?

abooja

Gato_Solo said:
Depends. What do you want? :brow:

BTW...As long as we're dreaming...here's a really nice place. Already has housing, too...:D
I like a little mystery. If I'm looking at uncaged schlongs every five minutes of my life, they might (God forbid) become a bit less fascinating to me. ;)

I like that island. Where are we getting the $10 million? There's only so much cash we can generate with a bake sale.