Hate when that happens

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Once again, flavio is wrong about the symbols. They are Masonic in nature, not pagan. By his own keyboard he has proven that he is not a Freemason, so I will not argue the facts with him over said symbols until he becomes a Freemason.

MrBishop

Get rid of paper money and coins...replace it with cash-cards and give people a choice as to what image they want on their damn card...like they do with phone cards. Hell, give people the option of putting pics of their kids or S.O. on the damn card.

Gato_Solo

MrBishop said:
Get rid of paper money and coins...replace it with cash-cards and give people a choice as to what image they want on their damn card...like they do with phone cards. Hell, give people the option of putting pics of their kids or S.O. on the damn card.

That's in the works, but it's a big problem for those who have no income...they still exist, you know...and the working poor.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
MrBishop said:

One word: DEBIT.

That way we can market to the individual & make sure there are no questionable transactions. It's so much easier to track cards over cash.

catocom

Most banks around here won't even let you open a checking account if your
credit is bad. That's another problem with the card idea.
People with bad credit would have to turn criminal stealing to get stuff to barter.
We'd be opening up a can of worms there.

rrfield

Gato_Solo said:
Once again, flavio is wrong about the symbols. They are Masonic in nature, not pagan. By his own keyboard he has proven that he is not a Freemason, so I will not argue the facts with him over said symbols until he becomes a Freemason.

Uh, he was talking about the God in In God We Trust, not the symbols.

I don't think it was necessarily a pagan God "they" were refering to, but rather the Deistic God, which very well could be a pagan god or the God of Abraham. God to most of the founding fathers was a rather vague concept.

Stonecutters said:
Who controls the British crown?
Who keeps the metric system down?
We do! We do.
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
We do! We do.
Who holds back the electric car?
Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star?
We do! We do.
Who robs cave fish of their sight?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do! We do.
Stonecutters.jpg

unclehobart

SouthernN'Proud said:
In not so many words, that is also in the Bible as a sign of the end of time.

Just thought I'd note that.
Thats why I said it. Judegement day is taking too long. Lets get this show on the road.

freako104

Gato_Solo said:

I will bite the bullet on this one Gato, it was me who said the pyramid was a Pagan symbol

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Once again, flavio is wrong about the symbols.
....and when have I been wrong about symbols before? Did I even make a claim about symbols here?

They are Masonic in nature, not pagan.

ah, turns out once again Gato is wrong.

Definition of Pagan:

One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
....and when have I been wrong about symbols before? Did I even make a claim about symbols here?

ah, turns out once again Gato is wrong.

Definition of Pagan:

One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew

Well...looks like you're wrong on another count...

Freemasonry is not a religion.

freako104

Paganism is actually a blanket term for religions that are not of the Abrahamic religions (Islam, Judaism, Xtianity). The Masons are a group of people, I do not know much about them but I know they are not religion based

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Seems to be some evidence the "God" in "In God We Trust" was meant to be a pagan one as well. Let this cat out of the bag and it will be the religous right demanding both be removed.

That's the Freemasonry symbolism I'm talking about that you said was pagan.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Would you two get a room? You're bickering like schoolchildren & it's getting boring.

HomeLAN

MrBishop said:

In a real hurry to get your spending tracked even more than now?

Winky

unclehobart said:
Do away with all money and just slap barcodes on everyone’s forehead.

Even the 30 million illegals?
Would this barcode confer the badge of citizenship?
mebbe this should be written into the Patriot act?