Health Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimpeel

After the TotUS committed suicide the other day, Obama didn't have it to carry him through his remarks. The result was a refreshing element of truth, although obviously Freudian in nature, from our president.

VIDEO LINK

spike

We have high medical bills. They get paid, right along with everything else. Wanna know why? Because it's not your responsibility to pay my bills.

Didn't you tell us your sons medical bills were a half million or something. Have you paid a half million out of pocket?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Nope. I made a contract with a private firm to share the expenses with others in that same firm. My wife had a contract with another firm, to do the same. Problem solved & no government help or interference.

spike

Ah, so you don't pay all your own bills. Other people had to chip in.

Sounds like you had a system similar to the public option. Just instead of government you had some greedy corporate bureaucrats. :thumbup:

jimpeel

Here's what you get when the government decides your health care.

But we want to be just like Great Britain because they are just so very European.

SOURCE

Man, 22, Dies After Liver Transplant Refused

10:06pm UK, Monday July 20, 2009
A 22-year-old alcoholic has died after being refused a life-saving liver transplant because he was too ill to leave hospital and prove he could stay sober.

Gary Reinbach, who died in hospital on Monday from a severe case of liver cirrhosis, did not qualify for a donor liver under strict NHS rules.

The alcoholic, from Dagenham, Essex, had admitted binge drinking since he was 13 but was only taken to hospital for the first time with liver problems 10 weeks ago.

He was never discharged.

His mother Madeline Hanshaw, 44, said: "These rules are really unfair."

She told the Evening Standard: "I'm not saying you should give a transplant to someone who is in and out of hospital all the time and keeps damaging themselves, but just for people like Gary, who made a mistake and never got a second chance."

She said he was "desperate to recover" but had deteriorated quickly.

Mr Reinbach's family said he had started drinking aged 11 when his parents split up and drank heavily from the age of 13.

He had recently tried to give up and had signed up for support group Alcoholics Anonymous just weeks before he was taken into hospital, they said.

His brother Luke, 18, told the Evening Standard: "They never gave him the chance to show he could change."

Mr Reinbach died at University College Hospital, London.

A hospital spokeswoman said: "Our sympathies are with his family at this time."

Campaign group Alcohol Concern said it is worried a rise in teenage drinking will lead to more people suffering alcohol-related illnesses at younger ages.

"There has not really been much research into younger people's drinking and the effects that is having on health in this country," said a spokeswoman.

She said a study in the US has shown children who begin drinking before they reach 15 are more likely to become alcohol dependent.

jimpeel

Even Obama doesn't know what is in the health care bill. Listen to him yourself.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...r_with_key_provision_in_health_care_bill.html

Click on the audio link at the page.

The full story is here.

http://www.heritage.org/2009/07/21/morning-bell-obama-admits-hes-not-familiar-with-house-bill/

Very disturbing that he makes promises like “If you have health insurance, and you like it, and you have a doctor that you like, then you can keep it. Period.” and doesn't know what is in the bill that Congress is writing.

Cerise

Exactly.

Promises of "0bamacare" is what transported him into office.

It's his flying carpet of "change".

And he doesn't even know what is in the bill.

Or for that matter, how he got to be PoTUS.

He just knows he gets to fly around on AF1 and say what ToTUS tells him to say.

:shrug:

spike

Even Obama doesn't know what is in the health care bill. Listen to him yourself.

Damn, Jim I keep debunking your crap and then you just post more crap to be debunked.

Liver transplant thing didn't work at all? Jim will just post some other total crap.

Obama doesn't know about that provision because it doesn't exist.

http://mediamatters.org/research/200907160040

Pretty simple huh?

Got some more crap you're going to try and fool us with or can I guide you towards posting real facts maybe?

jimpeel

It seems that all is not goodness and light on this health care thing.

SOURCE

Cardin Town Hall Meeting On Health Care Gets Angry

LARGO, Md. (WUSA) -- Maryland Senator Ben Cardin, a Democrat who favors health care reform, faced an audience of more than 500 people (at its peak) Monday evening for what he called a town hall meeting on the topic that is the number one item on President Obama's domestic agenda.

With so many versions of the legislation in so many committees on Capitol Hill, the bill's final form is far from known.

"We're at the first stages of the discussion of health care reform," Cardin said.

Audience members could offer questions on cards that were passed out as they entered the Prince George's County Community College Student Center, or they could line up at microphones to offer them in person.

Perhaps the most controversial, came from Robert Broadus of Clinton, Maryland, an audience member who had lost his job and replaced it with one that paid him far less money.

"I decided not to get the health insurance. That's working out for me because I'm able to save that extra money and give it to my family members and use it on myself. Senator Cardin, I want to know are you going to tell me an individual...that I have to buy health care or else you're going to fine me $2,500 every year I don't get it? Our founding fathers assured us we have a Bill of Rights and I want to see you uphold that," Broadus said in an increasingly emotional voice and to scattered applause.

Cardin responded by asking Broadus what would happen if he became sick, broke a bone, had a car accident and ended up in an emergency room.

"You don't pay. You are part of the population that shifts its costs over to a person who does pay, and they're paying for you," Cardin said.

(So this guy assumes that the guy will not pay for his care, that he will be a bum. He doesn't consider that the guy could make arrangements to make payments for his care. No, he just assumes that the guy will refuse to pay and be a burden on the system. -- j)

Explaining how hospitals have often to absorb those costs, Cardin said many hospitals would chose [sic] simply to leave the community.

"I just think the overriding public interest is to require you and everyone in this country to have health insurance," Cardin said.

should everyone be required to have insurance on their vehicle(s)?

Not if they don't plan on getting sick or in an accident. What are you an idiot minkey?

"Mericans have the right to not carry insurance, then when bad shit does happen they can hire some Jew democrat lawyer and sue the shit out of somebody while public health care facilities pick up the bill for medical costs!

DUH!!!

$10,010,014

That is what the CEO of Aetna insurance made last year.

$10,312,557

That is the CEO for Humana.....

It's just bloody not fair I tell you! If government health care challenges these already strapped cash poor companies, men like this will have to send their kids to PUBLIC SCHOOL! They won't be able to afford both their wives shopping habits while maintaining their mistresses penthouse apartments!!! Hell they might have to eat at 3 STAR RESTAURANTS!!! They will have to actually buy their designer clothes at the store and not have the designers come to the house or office for measurements!

THIS IS INSANITY PEOPLE!!! Have a little care for the downtrodden! Don't any of you have a heart?!? The CEO of Walmart pulled in a paltry $31,597,424, the's other two are already living on 1/3 of that barely living wage!!!

I mean these companies can only afford to spend 1.4 million daily to defeat health care reform!

I have to go now I can't see the screen through my tears!

:mope: :crying6:

MrBishop

but offer a hand up, not a hand out

Medicare is not a handout.

*EDIT:
You get taxed a certain amount/year with which the healthcare insures you. The Healthcare program acts like a corporate insurance policy like you'd get at a company you work for, but with a far larger client base, which allows for the rates to be far lower than you'd pay through your private health insurance policy. Individuals who do not work (Welfare) have the same insurance type that they have now..whatever you call it. Medicaid or summat.

You're insured .. period. No forgetting a payment and losing your coverage, no failure to get treatment because of 'pre-existing conditions', no loopholes for the insurance companies to jump through, and no deductible.

Quite simple, no?

catocom

Medicare is not a handout.

*EDIT:
You get taxed a certain amount/year with which the healthcare insures you. The Healthcare program acts like a corporate insurance policy like you'd get at a company you work for, but with a far larger client base, which allows for the rates to be far lower than you'd pay through your private health insurance policy. Individuals who do not work (Welfare) have the same insurance type that they have now..whatever you call it. Medicaid or summat.

You're insured .. period. No forgetting a payment and losing your coverage, no failure to get treatment because of 'pre-existing conditions', no loopholes for the insurance companies to jump through, and no deductible.

Quite simple, no?

I wasn't suggesting anything specifically.
Besides, I'm on Medicare. I know what it is.

Frodo

$10,010,014

That is what the CEO of Aetna insurance made last year.

$10,312,557

That is the CEO for Humana.....

It's just bloody not fair I tell you! If government health care challenges these already strapped cash poor companies, men like this will have to send their kids to PUBLIC SCHOOL! They won't be able to afford both their wives shopping habits while maintaining their mistresses penthouse apartments!!! Hell they might have to eat at 3 STAR RESTAURANTS!!! They will have to actually buy their designer clothes at the store and not have the designers come to the house or office for measurements!

THIS IS INSANITY PEOPLE!!! Have a little care for the downtrodden! Don't any of you have a heart?!? The CEO of Walmart pulled in a paltry $31,597,424, the's other two are already living on 1/3 of that barely living wage!!!

I mean these companies can only afford to spend 1.4 million daily to defeat health care reform!

I have to go now I can't see the screen through my tears!

:mope: :crying6:

You sure spend a lot of time trying to trying to dictate how other people should live their lives. Maybe you should get one of your own and try to control that one for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.