HEY SHARKY? You gonna hit it tonight?

tonksy

hold up, wait a minute...do you really have a strange growth on your back? cuz if you do you should have that looked at.

unclehobart

After 8 years... its sure as heck isn't malignant... for if it is.. its going to take 200 years to become large enough to become annoying.

tonksy

hmm...ok...but you should mention it the next time you are at the doctor's...can't hurt to be careful :)

unclehobart

I do desire to get this thing hacked offa my back sometime. Its just that it doesn't hurt and doesn't affect my life in any way that I can tell. It just... is.

Anyone know what it will cost for a simple outpatient outer dermis surgery to remove a pea sized cyst that should only take a single stitch to close?

Inkara1

Has it changed lately? I had these spots on my shoulder that had been there for years, but they changed in color last year and became raised. The change worried me, so I went to see the doctor at the university health center. He told me it didn't fit the ABCs of skin cancer, said it was just a skin irritation and gave me some sort of cream. After using the cream for a few days, the spots went back down to being un-raised, so he must have been right.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
I do desire to get this thing hacked offa my back sometime. Its just that it doesn't hurt and doesn't affect my life in any way that I can tell. It just... is.

Anyone know what it will cost for a simple outpatient outer dermis surgery to remove a pea sized cyst that should only take a single stitch to close?
i'll do it for free...:p
seriously, don't bother..i've had mine for 15 years..hasn't changed a bit.

Sharky

I had one removed a few months ago. Didn't feel a thing. It took five stitches. The sawbones only charges me $20 for the office visit, and never bills me for what the insurance doesn't pay (my 20% of the total cost), so I don't know what to tell ya about the cost. Shouldn't be more than $100 or so, but I'm only guessing. :shrug:

Doc told me that they are generally benign, and can remain so for years, but they are susceptible to becoming infected, and if they do - hoo boy. Suddenly they become quite painful.