Hurricane Ivan

catocom

Professur said:
Shit. I drive 100 miles in the midle of winter for the pleasure of doing that.

Shit, I don't drive 100 miles in excellent weather. :D
The problem 'here' with ice, is all the damn pine trees.
Load those pines up and the power goes quick, and is out for a while usually.

Professur

There's nothing lovelier than a heavily laden pine shrugging off a load of show, springing back to it's full splendor, and the *crump* of the snow landing on someone skiing underneath it.

catocom

Oh don't get me wrong. I love a good snow. ;) (would like to see atleast 5" again, but doubts it)
It's that damn freezing rain ice that makes things tough.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
There's nothing lovelier than a heavily laden pine shrugging off a load of show, springing back to it's full splendor, and the *crump* of the snow landing on someone skiing underneath it.

:rofl3:

Inkara1

Hell, even without snow falling off the tree, those things are dangerous enough to skiiers. Just ask Sonny Bono. Hell, since he was a Republican, I had no idea he was such a tree-hugger. But I guess the beat goes on.

Sharky

Gonz said:
Oh christ, get a room. All this lovin' just cause some old guy didn't die....damn.
;)

Shhhhh . . . I want to milk it for all it's worth and enjoy it while I can. :D :lloyd:

Sharky

The kewl things about a hurricane:

• The anticipation, preparation, and excitement
  • The gathering of friends and neighbors, depending on each other to make it through the storm
  • The thrill and apprehension as the storm passes
  • The awesome display of nature's physical power
  • The smell of the shredded foliage and pine sap after the storm

The sucky things about a hurricane:

• Well, it's a freakin' hurricane, capable of destroying people's houses, of course
  • The anticipation, preparation, and worry
  • The mess after the storm
  • The beach erosion
  • The crop damage

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I thought he went North, what he make another lap around Florida or what?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Alright, so he went up through the panhandle, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. Out east into the Atlantic, then turned south, made another turn west and is now going to hit Texas again? That's just absofuckinglutely nuts. I've been looking for maps that tracked it's entire path, anyone got any?

catocom

I haven't seen a full path yet.
If this thing circle around to the left, and makes a complete circle it could
get even stronger, and make a 3rd landfall. :eek5:

rrfield

PuterTutor said:
Alright, so he went up through the panhandle, Tennessee, Georgia, etc. Out east into the Atlantic, then turned south, made another turn west and is now going to hit Texas again? That's just absofuckinglutely nuts. I've been looking for maps that tracked it's entire path, anyone got any?

From what I understand, Ivan Jr. is a group storms that broke off from Ivan Sr. as he made his way through the USandA. They stuck around, picked up energy, combined with a few more storms, picked up more energy and eventually became a Tropical Storm.

It's kind of like when you cut a starfish or a worm into two.