New film raises fears of Muslim outrage

jimpeel

OMG christians even kill their own kind! They must be worse than anybody!

Not even a good try at getting out of that hole you dug. Try jumping higher or, better yet, stop digging.

We are talking about people of one religion killing those who do not believe in that religion for no other reason than that non-belief. Do you get it now or do we have to put up with more nonsense?

spike

The nonsense we're putting up with here is you trying to make illogical generalizations about the Muslim religion and refusing to see the same things apply to christians.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
illogical generalizations about the Muslim religion

They are perfectly logical. The difference is, most of us who see the connection also see that it is a small minority & have stated trhat-repeatedly.

You, on the other hand, are tying completely unrelated information to Christians.

Yes, Christianity, actually religion in general, is a main cause for war & has been for eons. However, the Christians outgrew their need for blood about 1200 years ago.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz, have you READ your history? That date is rather off by a few hundred years.

The First Crusade : 1096 to 1099

The Second Crusade : 1147 to 1149

The Third Crusade : 1189 to 1192

The Fourth Crusade : 1201 to 1204

The Fifth Crusade : 1218 to 1221

The Sixth Crusade : 1228 to 1229

The Seventh Crusade : 1248 to 1254

The Eighth Crusade : 1270

It's the whole "arithmetic" thing. :rolleyes:

Guess he forgot Jonestown and Waco too. Oh, I forgot, it was those atheists in the ATF, not the good, god-fearin' nutjobs that set the fire that caused Waco, huh?

It's called "revisionist history" BoP. If'n you don't like what it says, revise it.

2minkey

bootlicker
Not even a good try at getting out of that hole you dug. Try jumping higher or, better yet, stop digging.

We are talking about people of one religion killing those who do not believe in that religion for no other reason than that non-belief. Do you get it now or do we have to put up with more nonsense?

i can talk about anything i want to, boy genius. you interpret shit very narrowly. i don't. the broader topic is, get ready for this...

an assertion that those who happen to be involved with a particular religion are violent, or, perhaps, that a particular religion engenders violent behavior.

you are free to try drive that nto any narrow alley of discussion you want to. so am i.

so cheese off, and stop acting like this is the debate of the century.

2minkey

bootlicker
Gonz, have you READ your history? That date is rather off by a few hundred years.

year what he said is totally absurd.

how about all the folks that have been killed in this century (colonialism, et cetera) by "christian" nations?

oh, wait, here come the topic police... oh, sorry guys, i didn't realize they had to name specific campaigns as overtly christian in purpose.

in any event, onward, christian soldiers!

chcr

Too cute for words
People, that is human beings, are inherently violent. History shows this at every turn. The excuses are just that, excuses. We respect so called "men of peace" precisely because they are so vanishingly rare.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
750 years, not 1200. Sorry.

Guess he forgot Jonestown and Waco too.

Jonestown....Ole Jim, sick bastard that he was, didn 't drive around strapped with bombs looking for Jews did he?

Waco...you are kidding right? The US Government attacked those people. Guess whgo was presiding in the White House...bet ya can in three & the first two don't count.

BeardofPants

750 years, not 1200. Sorry.

Jonestown....Ole Jim, sick bastard that he was, didn 't drive around strapped with bombs looking for Jews did he?

Waco...you are kidding right? The US Government attacked those people. Guess whgo was presiding in the White House...bet ya can in three & the first two don't count.

Reformation was 500 years ago. That was when it STARTED. 30 years war was 400 years ago. Irish Protestant/Catholic clashes... are more recent again.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Meek does not equal pushovers. Jesus Himself stood up to those who misused the temples as I recall, and it wasn't a tea party.

next?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Context? You can't just throw out random verses. That makes you just as bad as those who take random verses of the Koran and use those against Muslims. ;)

jimpeel

The nonsense we're putting up with here is you trying to make illogical generalizations about the Muslim religion and refusing to see the same things apply to christians.

Are you a Muslim? Are we stepping on your toes here? You always seem to come running to the defense of Muslims any time anyone makes the slightest comment about Muslim abuses with your "Well the Christians did it too! Neener, neener."

Christians don't cut off the heads of anyone who slanders Jehovah or Jesus.

Christians don't call for the death of persons who name a teddy bear "Jesus".

Christians don't go around tearing down all images which pertain to other religions.

Christians don't believe in the destruction of God's image through suicide as the best way to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Christians don't whip women in the street for wearing the wrong clothing.

Christians don't punish women with lashings for being in the company of a man who is not her family member.

Do you need me to continue?

jimpeel

i can talk about anything i want to, boy genius. you interpret shit very narrowly. i don't. the broader topic is, get ready for this...

an assertion that those who happen to be involved with a particular religion are violent, or, perhaps, that a particular religion engenders violent behavior.

you are free to try drive that nto any narrow alley of discussion you want to. so am i.

so cheese off, and stop acting like this is the debate of the century.

Here is the broad view, then:

CNN: Teacher arrested for naming teddy bear "Mohammed". She was arrested BY THE GOVERNMENT not just some isolated kooks.

CNN: Saudi court ups punishment for gang-rape victim She was arrested BY THE GOVERNMENT not just some isolated kooks.

UNIVERSITY OF FULLERTON, CA: The Bâmiân Buddhas This act was perpetrated BY THE GOVERNMENT not just some isolated kooks.

READ THESE and see how women are treated. This treatment is BY THE GOVERNMENT as well as the isolated kooks.

Now go ahead and tell me how narrowly I take these issues and how they are isolated to the redical fringe.

spike

Are you a Muslim? Are we stepping on your toes here? You always seem to come running to the defense of Muslims any time anyone makes the slightest comment about Muslim abuses with your "Well the Christians did it too! Neener, neener."

Christians don't cut off the heads of anyone who slanders Jehovah or Jesus.

Christians don't call for the death of persons who name a teddy bear "Jesus".

Christians don't go around tearing down all images which pertain to other religions.

Christians don't believe in the destruction of God's image through suicide as the best way to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Christians don't whip women in the street for wearing the wrong clothing.

Christians don't punish women with lashings for being in the company of a man who is not her family member.

Do you need me to continue?

Continue all you want. All your doing is showing your desire to generalize all muslims by the actions of a few. But when I point out things christians have done you don't want to make the same generalizations. It's just logic Jim.

Massive numbers of people were killed BY THE GOVERNMENT in Nazi Germany. The Klu Klux Klan were christian fundamentalists. The IRA, abortion clinic bombers, National Liberation Front of Tripura, etc. Do you need me to continue?

Why do you keep running to the defense of christians? Are we stepping on your toes?

jimpeel

Continue all you want. All your doing is showing your desire to generalize all muslims by the actions of a few. But when I point out things christians have done you don't want to make the same generalizations. It's just logic Jim.

Massive numbers of people were killed BY THE GOVERNMENT in Nazi Germany. The Klu Klux Klan were christian fundamentalists. The IRA, abortion clinic bombers, National Liberation Front of Tripura, etc. Do you need me to continue?

Why do you keep running to the defense of christians? Are we stepping on your toes?

The Nazis did not kill IN THE NAME OF RELIGION as Muslims do.

The Ku Klux Klan was not a government entity.

The IRA was not a government entity.

Abortion clinic bombers are not a government entity.

NLFT is not a government entity.

In only one case can you show government involvement but you cannot show anywhere in their religious canons any dictat that they kill infidels.

You cannot show any form of Dhimmihood for non-believers.

You keep placing apples on the table when everyone else is placing oranges and you call them the same thing.

I gave you several examples of GOVERNMENT abuses which have made news in the past few weeks in the mainstream press and you ignore those to -- <sigh> once again -- rail about the isolated kooks and try to show those as being as bad as an entire government entity executing these policies.

When they come for you, you remember to remind them that "I defended you against guys like Peel. I was on your side." as they are taking you to the soccer field. I'm sure that will hold a lot of weight with them and maybe, if you're lucky, they will hang you last.