New film raises fears of Muslim outrage

Cerise

BlessHitler.jpg

Spike said:
....by the actions of a few.

TROP.jpg

jimpeel said:
....any time anyone makes the slightest comment.....

Liberal Guilt.

Spike said:
Are we stepping on your toes?

Who are you claiming alliance with?

Cerise

To continue:

Islamic extremists have created "no-go" areas across Britain where it is too dangerous for non-Muslims to enter, one of the Church of England's most senior bishops warns today.

Writing in The Sunday Telegraph, Bishop Nazir-Ali compares the threat to the use of intimidation by the far-Right, and says that it is becoming increasingly difficult for Christianity to be the nation's public religion in a multifaith, multicultural society. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...Q0IV0?xml=/news/2008/01/06/nislam106.xml#form

spike

The Nazis did not kill IN THE NAME OF RELIGION as Muslims do.

They USED RELIGION AS A BASIS FOR THEIR ACTIONS :sex2:

The Ku Klux Klan was not a government entity.

The IRA was not a government entity.

Abortion clinic bombers are not a government entity.

NLFT is not a government entity.

In only one case can you show government involvement but you cannot show anywhere in their religious canons any dictat that they kill infidels.

You cannot show any form of Dhimmihood for non-believers.

You keep placing apples on the table when everyone else is placing oranges and you call them the same thing.

No you keep trying to place weird limitations to justify your position. Who changed the conversation to only allow government wrongdoings? ZOMG I'd never be able to find atrocities committed by governments made up of mostly christians! :rofl3:

I gave you several examples of GOVERNMENT abuses which have made news in the past few weeks in the mainstream press and you ignore those to -- <sigh> once again -- rail about the isolated kooks and try to show those as being as bad as an entire government entity executing these policies.

Wow, in the last few weeks there have been some arrests in other countries you don't agree with. There's bullshit arrests in our own country all the time. See "topless woman" thread or "mall arrest".

When they come for you, you remember to remind them that "I defended you against guys like Peel. I was on your side." as they are taking you to the soccer field. I'm sure that will hold a lot of weight with them and maybe, if you're lucky, they will hang you last.

Holy crap they're coming for me! :rolleyes:

When you give up all your freedom tell them you gave it up freely because you fell for stupid scare tactics because of bigotry and weakness.

It's far more likely the Evangelicals will be coming for you. :D

What you fail to see is that every major religion causes people to act crazy and hate on non-believers. Better to be equally skeptical of them all.

Inkara1

I'm curious... 10K terror attacks... 80K in the "Iraq body count." The two graphics are counting different things. How many people died per terror attack? Some of those terror attacks likely killed 40 or 50 people at once, after all. So if you figure it averages out to about eight killed per terrorist attack, then the two numbers are the same.

2minkey

bootlicker
Meek does not equal pushovers. Jesus Himself stood up to those who misused the temples as I recall, and it wasn't a tea party.

next?

you're absolutely correct but this has nothing to do with, say, british killing entire villages of folks in africa over farmland disputes.

unless you approve of economic predation a long way away from home. like, say, the war of yankee aggression...?

Cerise

Inkara1 said:
I'm curious....

They are counting two different things.

This one speaks about the worldwide attacks on civilians by Muslim extremists:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/TheList.htm

and debunks the other's "project arising from the anti-war movement" findings:

It turns out that the vast majority of civilian deaths are caused by Islamic terrorists, and that very few are from American bombs and bullets. This is because (unlike the terrorists) the Americans aren't in Iraq to kill civilians.

Why does IraqBodyCount vilify Americans, who are literally giving their blood to help Iraqis, while protecting the activities of foreign terrorists, who enter the country specifically to kill civilians? Because the website and the terrorists both share an anti-American political agenda to which the lives of innocent Iraqis are nothing more than a supporting prop.

In fact, Iraqis are mere statistics to these folks. And since the value of these statistics is substantially mitigated by presenting the full truth, IraqBodyCount wisely avoids identifying each incident by relevant context.

In short, civilians in Iraq aren't dying from the war. They are being murdered by Islamic terrorists. http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/IraqBodyCount2006.htm

In addition, The Lancet's misleading fiction that hundreds of thousands of Iraqi civilians had died has been disproved:

Three weeks before the 2006 midterm elections gave Democrats control of Congress, a shocking study reported on the number of Iraqis who had died in the ongoing war. It bolstered criticism of President Bush and heightened the waves of dread -- here and around the world -- about the U.S. occupation of Iraq.

Virtually everyone connected with the study has been an outspoken opponent of U.S. actions in Iraq.

No matter whether a latent desire to feed the American public's opposition to the war might have shaped these studies, another audience was paying close attention: jihadists who used this research as a justification for killing Americans. http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/databomb/index.htm

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
you're absolutely correct but this has nothing to do with, say, british killing entire villages of folks in africa over farmland disputes.

unless you approve of economic predation a long way away from home. like, say, the war of yankee aggression...?

Nice try, gotta give ya credit...

British invasions of Africa are not on the list of things I have spent a lot of time studying, so to provide an intelligent answer I'd need to know what the hey yer talking about.

Unlike some of our folk, I don't claim to know everything about everything. Just everything about some things, some things about other things, and nothing about still other things.

Cerise

I don't believe that all ME are like this fellow

070625_FW_protesterTN.jpg

That sites speaks about the radicalized followers of Islam---those who heed the Koran's word as it was written in 800AD. Those that would seek to destroy America and wipe Israel off the map because of their beliefs. Do you deny that such people exist?

How do you feel about the objectivity of http://www.iraqbodycount.org/? More to your liking?

spike

That sites speaks about the radicalized followers of Islam---those who heed the Koran's word as it was written in 800AD. Those that would seek to destroy America and wipe Israel off the map because of their beliefs. Do you deny that such people exist?

Do you deny that there are radicalized followers of christianity that would like to wipe the middle east off the map?

Never heard someone say "turn it into a parking lot" or something similar? Seems I've heard such comments on this forum..

ResearchMonkey

mmmmmmm, parking lot of glass *peepwall*

But never "God Is Great KaBOOM":

Now I've never actually heard heard it myself, but I hear that its common to have the "allak akbar KaBOOM"

spike

So it doesn't count unless somebody imagines you saying something specific before the violence?

Nice.

spike

British invasions of Africa are not on the list of things I have spent a lot of time studying, so to provide an intelligent answer I'd need to know what the hey yer talking about.

Under the guise of christianity but in the real interest of diamonds to feed the institution of marriage massive amounts of africans have died a violent death. It continues now.

ResearchMonkey

So it doesn't count unless somebody imagines you saying something specific before the violence?

Nice.

well.... If I am in a crowd and I hear someone yell 'god is great', I'm not sweating it.

But if I'm in a crowd and someone starts yodeling 'allah akbar', I'm going for cover.