New Kid

UndeadExploder

Nah, it's a Charles Daly EFS. Charles Daly is a slightly higher-end version of Rock Island Armory, which is in turn an offshoot of Armscor, out of the Philippines. Google "Charles Daly" and you'll get a link to their site.

Basically, they make budget guns while still delivering excellent quality. There are tons of 1911 manufacturer's out there, and some will charge huge amounts for their pistols (upwards of $1500 is not uncommon) due to the high customization factor of the 1911 platform. I'm relatively new to the design, so I wanted a basic, beginner-level option. For right around $450, I'm impressed at the value I got. Springfield Armory makes nice guns, they're just a tad out of my range at the moment.

I'd be glad to post a pic of my small collection, if anyone would care to see it.

UndeadExploder

Read more about it first time I saw it, and the owner used a skin anaesthetic while he had it done. As far as the costs, maybe it depends on how close one is with the artist. no pun intended. (The tattoo artist is Dave Fleet.)

See, I don't agree with that. In my personal opinion, if you're going to have modifications done to your body, you're cheating yourself when you rob yourself of the sensations that go along with it. Either way, it is impressive work.

Yea, if the artist is a friend of his, he probably got hooked up. I have a ton of work by a very close friend of mine, and he hooked me up pretty good. Granted, it wasn't anywhere my cash & prizes, so I can't speculate as to what he would have charged me. :evilgrin:

I wish my hair was shorter, I just realized that there's no way I'm gonna be able to get a pic of one of my tattoos unless my head is shaved again. Ah well.

Kruz

Nah, it's a Charles Daly EFS. Charles Daly is a slightly higher-end version of Rock Island Armory, which is in turn an offshoot of Armscor, out of the Philippines. Google "Charles Daly" and you'll get a link to their site.

Basically, they make budget guns while still delivering excellent quality. There are tons of 1911 manufacturer's out there, and some will charge huge amounts for their pistols (upwards of $1500 is not uncommon) due to the high customization factor of the 1911 platform. I'm relatively new to the design, so I wanted a basic, beginner-level option. For right around $450, I'm impressed at the value I got. Springfield Armory makes nice guns, they're just a tad out of my range at the moment.

I'd be glad to post a pic of my small collection, if anyone would care to see it.

I'd love to see your collection, here is mine.
springfield GI.45
Colt Defender
Taurus .357

gun1.JPG
[/QUOTE]

UndeadExploder

Guh. I apparently need a few more posts before I'm allowed to post the URL.

I'll do it later on when I have a few more posts and have some tattoo pics to go along with 'em.

tonksy

I have never considered getting my genitals tattooed. And the list of not considered places is really quite short.

UndeadExploder

Heh. I've got quite a few things on the list as far as mods go, but as far as genital tattoos my ideas were two-fold. First - getting the words "YOUR NAME" on my shaft, so I can go up to people in bars and say "I bet you a beer that I've got your name on my dick". The second involved having dollar signs tattooed on either side of my sack, so I'd always have a money bag wherever I went. :evilgrin: Whether or not I'll actually go through with these ideas is as yet undetermined, but I'm not completely opposed to the idea.

Professur

Sounds childish and cheesy if you ask me. Not to mention that infection any infection would give a whole new meaning to the phrase "Crotch rot".

besides ... exactly how often would you whip out your penis in the middle of a bar for the sake of a beer, based on a tattoo?

UndeadExploder

Professur - Perhaps it is childish, but then again how highbrow can you expect a cock tattoo to be in the first place? And as far as whipping it out, I'd venture a guess that I'd never do it. Doesn't stop me from thinking it's a funny idea though.

As for infection - I don't patronize dirty shops, and I keep myself clean enough to not have to worry about infections in my crotch. :eek5: I've only had one tattoo cause me a problem in my life, and it was due to it being my first one, performed with a needle and ball-point pen ink under less than sanitary conditions when I was 13 or so. I've become much wiser as to proper precautions since then.

tonksy

I've never had an infection either. I use clean facilities and take the aftercare quite seriously.

UndeadExploder

+1. I haven't had the money or inspiration for any more work lately, but when I get some done I'm pretty paranoid. I don't hold ink well so it's a pain in the ass going back and I want to get as much done right the first time as I can.

tonksy

I need to go back. I want to wait until after girl scout camp next week though so that the dirt, dust and sun aren't a negative factor to the healing. I am thinking I have 2-3 maybe 4 sessions left until until my leg piece is done.....and then I can start thinking about my shoulder and upper arm piece.

Professur

I didn't get infected either from mine. Not for lack of people around me telling me I would.

But then, as I said, a genital tat is a higher 'risk' tat than anywhere else. Just like a belly button or armpit. Frankly, if your armpit stinks, it's a fair bet that your crotch has a few bacteria strolling about too, no? Anyone shower so often that deodorant isn't a daily usage item?

As it stands, I'm still wrestling with what my next inking will be. I'm not one for frivilous (as you might have already guessed). I'm tossing around the idea of a pair of linked gold bands for my 15th wedding anniversary.

UndeadExploder

Thanks Luis. Haven't really explored much yet, but it's been a good time so far.

Tonksy - It's tough getting the bigger pieces done, ain't it? I'm still theoretically in the process of finishing my sleeves, even though I've changed the theme of both completely.

tonksy

I didn't get infected either from mine. Not for lack of people around me telling me I would.

But then, as I said, a genital tat is a higher 'risk' tat than anywhere else. Just like a belly button or armpit. Frankly, if your armpit stinks, it's a fair bet that your crotch has a few bacteria strolling about too, no? Anyone shower so often that deodorant isn't a daily usage item?

As it stands, I'm still wrestling with what my next inking will be. I'm not one for frivilous (as you might have already guessed). I'm tossing around the idea of a pair of linked gold bands for my 15th wedding anniversary.

I will tell you what they told me when I got my clitoral hood piercing.
I asked "How do I clean it?"
The guy shrugged, smiled and said "Pee". Urine is sterile to your own body and flushes everything else away.
That's not finished yet? I thought that was done with months ago. What's left to do?

The other half of my lower leg. I had the outline done a month or so - maybe 2 and now I just need coloring and a few more tiny additions.

UD - Yes! So much surface area to color in. And then I am a perfectionist so I don't want any flaws or light areas.

UndeadExploder

Tonksy - Indeed. I've not had any piercings in that region yet, but as far as cleanliness goes, people's bits are pretty dang clean naturally. And much like the mouth area, they're usually pretty quick to heal. Very vascular, and all that.

tonksy

I really miss that piercing. I'd get it again if it weren't for the....restrictions during aftercare.

Starya

See, I don't agree with that. In my personal opinion, if you're going to have modifications done to your body, you're cheating yourself when you rob yourself of the sensations that go along with it. Either way, it is impressive work.
Yeah, he commented on that too - he was just in it for the sake of the end result, so.. "Numb me up, Scotty!"