Oh, by the way

jimpeel

How do you chart the genealogy of homosexual marriages? Who goes on the mother side and who goes on the father side? How do you chart the children which male homosexuals can only adopt?

spike

How do you chart the genealogy of homosexual marriages? Who goes on the mother side and who goes on the father side? How do you chart the children which male homosexuals can only adopt?

What? So you have a lesbian couple. They both have parents. Lets call the parents of the first woman Parent A and Parent B. We'll call the parents of the second woman Parent C and Parent D.

So their adopted kid would have grandparents A,B,C, and D.

Also, why the hell do you care?

Winky

homosexuals can't marry Sheesh how hard is that?

The bedrock upon which our civilization was built!
Or was it torn down?
Suzie has two mommies.

where's Daddy?

spike

Many kids have only one parent.

Keep those kids in the foster home! That's better for them. :rolleyes:

jimpeel

Winky,

Spike believes that any adult homosexual should be able to marry any other adult homosexual they want without exception.

He is okay with brothers marrying brothers, sisters marrying sisters, fathers marrying sons, and mothers marrying daughters. When I posed this question he responded HERE that I was "stretching".

Yet heterosexual sisters, brothers, mothers and fathers cannot marry by law; and he sees no bigotry or discrimination in those laws. Heterosexuals are being discriminated against because they cannot, as Spike desires, "marry any consenting adult that they want".

jimpeel

What? So you have a lesbian couple. They both have parents. Lets call the parents of the first woman Parent A and Parent B. We'll call the parents of the second woman Parent C and Parent D.

I see. You want to grow new branches on the family tree to accommodate homosexuals. You have addressed the parents of the couple but you do not address the genealogy of the couple themselves. Which one is the "mother" and which one is the "father"? Which one goes on the mother's chart and which one goes on the father's chart?

So their adopted kid would have grandparents A,B,C, and D.

Again, you ignore the chart beyond the grandparents. Those heterosexuals have a place on the genealogy chart - mother and father. Where on the chart do the couple appear? Who is the "mother" and who is the "father"?

Also, why the hell do you care?

Genealogy is important to trace family origins, medical history, race, ethnicity, etc.

Why are you so cavalier about genealogy?

MrBishop

Genealogy is mostly a hobby, Jim. If you want to look for medical history, you don't look at family trees, you look at medical records and ask the surviving relatives, then get blood tests.

Off hand, I'd say that you handle same-sex marriage in a genealogical tree in the same way as you would adoption, divorce, 2nd marriages due to divorce or death, illegitimate children, marrying amongst 1st cousins etc... you wing it.

*Added: Oh, almost forgot...there is no "Side", as in father's side/mother's side in a geneological tree. It's not like you place all the men on one side and the women on the other. People are listed by birth and the main part where you can pick a 'side' is your immediate parents...and you can as easily put your father on the left as on the right..it's choice.

jimpeel

You're basing a argument on what should legally be allowed on lubrication?

The term "natural" has no relation to lubrication.

1. Present in or produced by nature

Debate over.

The sites referenced which are tagged (ILLUSTRATED) are quite graphic. You have been warned.

You have stated that homosexual anal sex is "natural". If it is "natural" shouldn't nature have provided for the act? Nature has provided for the "natural" act of heterosexual vaginal sex by providing lubricating mucosa. Why hasn't nature provided lubricating mucosa for the "natural" act of anal sex? Why is there anal tearing and bleeding at the site of penetration when "natural" anal sex is performed while such tearing or bleeding is rare during "natural" vaginal sexual penetration?

Perhaps you should educate yourself on *edited to remove link - Leslie - if there's buttfloss it's fine* especially the part about:
"As the rectal mucous membrane provides little natural lubrication, a personal lubricant is most often required or preferred when penetrating the anus.*edited to remove link - Leslie - if there's buttfloss it's fine*" Is that "natural"?

Why are rectal prolapses common among homosexuals?

Or how about this? *edited to remove link - Leslie - if there's buttfloss it's fine*"Receptive homosexuals have 50 times the rate of anal cancers." Is that "natural"?

Why is *edited to remove link - Leslie - if there's buttfloss it's fine* anal carcinoma more common in homosexuals. Is that "natural"?

jimpeel

Genealogy is mostly a hobby, Jim. If you want to look for medical history, you don't look at family trees, you look at medical records and ask the surviving relatives, then get blood tests.

Off hand, I'd say that you handle same-sex marriage in a genealogical tree in the same way as you would adoption, divorce, 2nd marriages due to divorce or death, illegitimate children, marrying amongst 1st cousins etc... you wing it.

*Added: Oh, almost forgot...there is no "Side", as in father's side/mother's side in a geneological tree. It's not like you place all the men on one side and the women on the other. People are listed by birth and the main part where you can pick a 'side' is your immediate parents...and you can as easily put your father on the left as on the right..it's choice.

If you have Jews or Blacks in your lineage you have the possibility of Tay Sachs or Sickle Cell Anemia in your genes. That is but one example of how genealogy affects medical history.

When was the last time you were tested for Tay Sachs or Sickle Cell?

MrBishop

I've been tested for neither... then again, my genealogical tree wouldn't help anyway. My entire family was adopted into someone else's tree 3 generations ago...grafted being the best analogy. Right around the same time as we were given our family name.

I do have diabetes in my family if you go back 2 generations... but I know that through word of mouth and not a pretty diagram. I've been tested for that.

Children who are adopted by hetero families have the same issues as those adopted by homo families - if they do not know who their biological parents are (and thus have no access to medical records), the family tree is useless in predicting hereditary conditions ranging from SS.Anemia to male-pattern baldness.

MrBishop

In addition, if one of your predecessors is adopted (parent, grandparent etc.) you cannot go past that point in the tree to guess at potential hereditary conditions, and you yet again have to rely on getting yourself tested. You're also assuming that you are actually genetically linked to the people you call your parents. For your mother, that's obvious...for the father? It's an assumption... not to slag your folks, but how can you be sure that your father is your biological father? Can anyone?

That's why virginity before marriage is such a big issue..in the woman.

Winky

Jimmi The links in yer post even with the disclaimers (thanks by the way)
which I didn't even click

are icky

just like the hole homo issue ewwwwww